Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Session Recording causes Image preparation finalization Failed error

Question

I am running XD 7.11 on AWS.  I am deploying several Windows 8.1 images with VDA 7.11.  Image preparation works fine until I install Session Recording.  Once SR agent is installed I get the "Image Preparation Finalization Failed" error.  The InternalErrorMessage: Image Preparation did not complete.  Status 'NotSet'.

Has anyone else seen this?  I have tried uninstalling VDA, deleting c:\programdata\citrix, and reinstalling VDA.  I have tried SR agent 7.13 but get the same issue.  

I have also tried imageprep logging but it only appears to show a timeout, no particular errors.

4 answers to this question

Hi, Todd.

An issue with MCS image preparation related to MSMQ (hence session recording) was discovered and fixed in the 7.12 release. It matches the symptoms that you describe. You would need to be using 7.12 or later of the Citrix VDA to have the fix.

All the best,

Paul.

Hey guys, sorry for reopening an old post. I've got an similiar problem with VDA and SR 1909 using MCS and Applayering. 

I've installed SR Agent on an new Version of the VDA Plattformlayer Windows 10 x64 LTSC. 

After updating the machine cataloge, I get the following error:

DesktopStudio_ErrorId : ProvisioningTaskError
ErrorCategory : NotSpecified
ErrorID : ImagePreparationFinalizationFailed
TaskErrorInformation : Terminated
InternalErrorMessage : Image preparation step 'PrepareMSMQ' failed.

I've set the service to autostart delayed and also tried a version with the Powershell Script implemented as described here: https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/session-recording/current-release/install-upgrade-uninstall.html#QMId

Both failed with the same error message. What's causing the issue?

Kind regards