Welcome to our new Citrix community!

NS Virtual Server remove Password2 from the login page

Hello,

I configured a VPN server on NS 11.1 52.13 and configured Radius authentication.

I see 2 password fields, but instead we need only 1.

From different forums, i tried to configure rewrite policies but it failed to work.

I also read on another forum, that if "RFWebUI" theme is used, rewrite policies does not apply.

Any leads will be appreciated.

TIA

It hides the 4th DIV with the class name of "field" (which just happens to be the second password field).

I would much prefer if the NetScaler used ID tags, which, IMO, are cleaner (since ID tags are supposed to be unique), but since this is the hand that was dealt ... :)

• 2 months later...

This did the trick for me:

I logged into the netscaler via winscp, browsed to these two files:
/netscaler/ns_gui/vpn/js/gateway_login_form_view.js
/var/netscaler/gui/vpn/js/gateway_login_form_view.js
And made one change, which was to comment out the line form.append(field_pass2)
So the new code would look like this:
if (pwc ==2)
{
//form.append(field_pass2);
}

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Old post but maybe this will help someone - this fixed it for me on NS 12.1 with the RfWebUi. - https://www.tech.xenit.se/remove-password-2-rfwebui/

add rewrite action RWA-RES-REMOVE_2ND_PASSWORD replace_all "HTTP.RES.BODY(99999)" "\"\\r\\n\"+\n\"<style type=\\\"text/css\\\">\\r\\n\"+\n\"[for=\\\"passwd1\\\"] { display: none;}\\r\\n\"+\n\"#passwd1 { display: none; }\\r\\n\"+\n\"</style>\\r\\n\"+\n\"\\r\\n\"+\n\"</body>\\r\\n\"+\n\"</html>

add rewrite policy RWP-RES-REMOVE_2ND_PASSWORD "HTTP.REQ.URL.PATH_AND_QUERY.SET_TEXT_MODE(IGNORECASE).EQ(\"/logon/LogonPoint/index.html\")" RWA-RES-REMOVE_2ND_PASSWORD

bind vpn vserver <NSGW VSERVER> -policy RWP-RES-REMOVE_2ND_PASSWORD -priority 80 -gotoPriorityExpression NEXT -type RESPONSE

For Receiver, workaround #3 fixed it for me: https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX203775 

• 11 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi 

for anyone who's also having this issue, it's now been resolved ?

I'd opened a support case with Citrix, and they initially sent through a link to an article that's only available to internal staff, so I got them to email me through the correct rewrite policy and action. this is very similar to the one Kenny George posted on page 1, but just different enough to make it work.

Rewrite Action

add rewrite action RWA-RES-REMOVE_2ND_PASSWORD replace_all "HTTP.RES.BODY(99999)" "\"\\r\\n\"+\n\"<style type=\\\"text/css\\\">\\r\\n\"+\n\"[for=\\\"passwd1\\\"]{ display: none;}\\r\\n\"+\n\"#passwd1 { display: none; }\\r\\n\"+\n\"</style>\\r\\n\"+\n\"\\r\\n\"+\n\"</body>\\r\\n\"+\n\"</html>\\r\\n\"" -search "text(\"</body>\n</html>\")"

Note the \\r\\n\"" -search "text(\"</body>\n</html>\")" at the end. I'm guessing that there was an issue with the cut and paste when he pasted this into the text field in the discussion.

Rewrite Policy

add rewrite policy RWP-RES-REMOVE_2ND_PASSWORD "HTTP.REQ.URL.PATH.CONTAINS(\"/logon/themes/<ModifiedThemeName>/index.html\")" RWA-RES-REMOVE_2ND_PASSWORD

NOTE The <ModifiedThemeName> bit. This must be the actual name of your custom RfWebUI theme, So if you created a custom theme called "PiratesRule" then the rewrite policy is

add rewrite policy RWP-RES-REMOVE_2ND_PASSWORD "HTTP.REQ.URL.PATH.CONTAINS(\"/logon/themes/PiratesRule/index.html\")" RWA-RES-REMOVE_2ND_PASSWORD

I've tested this on the latest 14.1 firmware and it works ?

Regards

Ken Z