Photo

Teaming of multiport network interfaces is not supported in Provisioning Services

Started by andrew kelcher , 13 March 2017 - 01:49 PM
3 replies to this topic

Best Answer andrew kelcher , 11 April 2017 - 10:30 AM

Hi

No the PVS servers are virtual. The physical target devices were physical, which would of meant teaming across adapters with multiple ports. As 1GB networking was still in play for the older physical target devices, teaming would of built up throughput.

The setup is quite an old way of doing things I know, but changing to a virtual target device solution is not a possibility a the minute.

I have spoke to Citrix and we are not teaming across physical adapter's with muti ports now. the future will utilise virtual target devices with 10G networking so the issue goes away for us then.

Andi

andrew kelcher Members

andrew kelcher
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:49 PM

Hi

I looking at following statement in the Citrix PVS NIC article

Teaming of multiport network interfaces is not supported in Provisioning Services

Assuming this means that a Physical target device that uses 2 x Quad port NICs (Teamed) wouldn’t be a supported configuration with Citrix PVS

Referring to this

https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/provisioning/7-11/network-components/pvs-nics.html

https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/provisioning/7-13/network-components/nics.html

Benjamin Crill Members

Benjamin Crill
  • 202 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 03:35 PM

Are you talking about the PVS server being physical or the target?  If you are talking about the PVS server I would ask why you are even doing physical?  The network and I/O requirements no longer make physical a requirement any more and honestly makes it overkill.

However I think what it is getting at is teaming across physical adapters rather than teaming ports within the adapter.

andrew kelcher Members

andrew kelcher
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 10:30 AM

Hi

No the PVS servers are virtual. The physical target devices were physical, which would of meant teaming across adapters with multiple ports. As 1GB networking was still in play for the older physical target devices, teaming would of built up throughput.

The setup is quite an old way of doing things I know, but changing to a virtual target device solution is not a possibility a the minute.

I have spoke to Citrix and we are not teaming across physical adapter's with muti ports now. the future will utilise virtual target devices with 10G networking so the issue goes away for us then.

Andi

Best Answer

Benjamin Crill Members

Benjamin Crill
  • 202 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 01:18 PM

You'd be surprised you probably don't need multiple interfaces for throughput.  Certainly helps for redundancy, but I've not seen anyone streaming saturate a 1GB pipe.