Started by Neil Baal , 05 March 2017 - 07:09 PM
PVS
4 replies to this topic

Neil Baal Members

Neil Baal
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 07:09 PM

All,

When working through the Xendesktop Setup Wizard all steps are successful apart from when I

try to choose the OU where I would like the machine accounts to live,

The wizard knows it is lab.local but cannot enumerate any part of the AD domain, just a blank space,

Using Xendesktop 7.11 with PVS 7.11 with XenServer 7.0 as the hypervisor,

I have attached a screenshot of what I am observing,

For clarity I am logged onto the server as domain admin and running the PVS console as admin,

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Neil

Attached Thumbnails

• PVS Issue.PNG

Andreas Schulz Members

Andreas Schulz
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:24 PM

I had the same problem in a lab environment in the past. The reason was a fresh installed AD with only the default OUs. After i created a minimum of one additional OU the wizard worked as expected and i could place my computers in my OUs.

Regards,

Andreas

Carl Fallis Citrix Employees

Carl Fallis
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:23 AM

Xendesktop Setup wizard will not display the default OU, it only enumerates non-default OUs. It is to prevent creating the targets in the default OU.

Andreas Schulz Members

Andreas Schulz
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:12 PM

One more detail:

XDSW will display only OUs!

"Computers" and "Users" for example, are containers and not OUs. If you create your own container objects, you can create computer objects in them with "Active Directory users and Computers" but not with XDSW. AFAIK the only OU in a default AD is "Domain Controllers".

Additionally XDSW does not allow you to create computer objects under the root of the domain (lab.local in your example).

Regards,

Andreas

neil baal Members

neil baal
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:30 PM

Thanks everyone, have a great weekend