Jump to content


HP SNMP Agents on Xenserver 7.1

Started by James Richards , 02 March 2017 - 05:53 PM
5 replies to this topic

James Richards Members

James Richards
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 05:53 PM



Has anyone manged to get the Xenserver agents install on 7.1? 


They are listed as 7.x but dated August 2016.   When I try and run the install.sh file, it comes back as FATAL: missing dependency xs:main




Any clues whether they are supposed to be working?





Tobias Kreidl CTP Member

Tobias Kreidl
  • 18,179 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 08:44 PM

It's probably because 7.1 has a newer kernel than 7.0. I'd bug HP to fix it.

Teodor Tounchev Members

Teodor Tounchev
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 12:57 PM

Hello James,


I have just came to the same issue but, it is not kernel related.


Can you try:


mkdir /etc/xensource/installed-repos/xs:main


In there create a file XS-REPOSITORY with the the flowing content:

You can check your build and edit it below if needed.



<repository build="137272c" name="main" originator="xs" product="XenServer" version="7.1.0">

  <description>XenServer Pack</description>




Restart the tool-stack:




Now try to install the SNMP agent:




Best regards,

 Teodor Tounchev

Alan Lantz Members

Alan Lantz
  • 6,910 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:55 PM

I had the same problem with my Fujitsu agent as well and what I did was edited the XS-REPOSITORY (I think!) and removed the dependency so the installer would install.



Sony Ns Members

Sony Ns
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:21 PM

I have the same problem, have you guys figured out a solution. creating xs-repository file didnt help. 

Ole Kristian Lona Citrix Employees

Ole Kristian Lona
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 11:04 AM

I have installed the agents on two different XenServer 7.1 hosts lately.


I do not work on the XenServer team, nor have I discussed this with them, but to me, it seems like we no longer create a "/etc/xensource/installed-repos" folder, where we put files showing what is installed. (This may be due to now using a different CentOS dom0, I don't really know.) HP is basing their check to verify that this is XenServer on the existence of repository-files found in this folder. So, just like Theodor above suggests, the file that he refers to (/etc/xensource/installed-repos/xs:main/XS-REPOSITORY) is checked, and needs to be valid XML data.


For the first, if I remember correctly, I copied the ISO contents to a folder off of /tmp on XenServer, and modified the XS-REPOSITORY file provided by HP, and removed the requirement to have XenServer installed (line that starts with "<requires...") just like Alan suggests above.


For the second, I basically copied the folder /etc/xensource/installed-repos from a pre-7.1 installation to the 7.1 installation, and then ran install.sh straight off the ISO. (Needless to say, you should remove the manually added files after installing, to keep the system as clean as possible.)


Both these methods work perfectly, and the HP agents are now running fine in my lab environment.