Started by Jonathan Tymula , 16 February 2017 - 09:25 PM
4 replies to this topic

Best Answer Carl Stalhood , 17 February 2017 - 05:11 PM

Did you run asnp citrix.* first?

Jonathan Tymula Members

Jonathan Tymula
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 09:25 PM

New to Citrix 7.7, one of my users has a current Citrix session on at her desk, 3-4 apps opened up. If she goes to a conference room and logs into that computer all her apps open up. Is there anyway to shut that off? Was hoping if she went to a different computer a new instance of Citrix could be created.

Carl Stalhood CTP Member

Carl Stalhood
  • 11,954 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 09:54 PM

See http://docs.citrix.com/en-us/xenapp-and-xendesktop/7-11/manage-deployment/sessions.html#par_anchortitle_d65d

Jonathan Tymula Members

Jonathan Tymula
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 04:53 PM

Thanks for your reply Carl, I saw the article and tried the powershell command in the article but got the following error. What am I doing wrong?

PS C:\Windows\system32> Set-BrokerAppEntitlementPolicyRule Apps -SessionReconnection DisconnectedOnly - LeasingBehavior

Disallowed
Set-BrokerAppEntitlementPolicyRule : The term 'Set-BrokerAppEntitlementPolicyRule' is not recognized as the name of a
cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify
that the path is correct and try again.
At line:1 char:1
+ Set-BrokerAppEntitlementPolicyRule Apps -SessionReconnection DisconnectedOnly -  ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (Set-BrokerAppEntitlementPolicyRule:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

Thanks Carl

Carl Stalhood CTP Member

Carl Stalhood
  • 11,954 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:11 PM

Did you run asnp citrix.* first?

Best Answer

Jonathan Tymula Members

Jonathan Tymula
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:19 PM

Thanks so much Carl, wasn't even aware of having to do that. New to powershell, new to 7.7. I came into this job with it already having 6.5 installed and that was pretty easy to manage. 7.7 has so many new things!!

That command seemed to have went and I was able to launch my desktop app without other apps opening on an existing session.

Thank you !