Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Dictation Software

Neil Soyez

Question

Is anyone aware of Dictation software that works well on a XD Hosted Shared Desktop?
I have a client with a new 7.12 implementation and using Hosted Server 2016 Desktops for remote sites.   They were planning on using Dragon to integrate with their Needles software.   But, Dragon no longer works within Citrix.   (In fact, you get an Citrix-specific error when you attempt to launch the app.)

7 answers to this question

Just an FYI...  I have now, successfully, implemented the MS Windows Speech to Text to the end users.   This is a hosted shared desktop on Server 2016, so it was a lot easier than I thought.   AND it work s with their legal software, Needles. 

• Like 1

Thank you Gregory!   I am going to have them take a look at that.    Also, of note, the Hosted Shared desktops that they are using is Server 2016.   I recently realized that Server 2016 has Speech Recognition built into the Control Panel.   We are also going to test out using that.

All our clients use SpeechExec Enterprise. I think you officially need 4.6 for XenDesktop compatibility but it definitely works in 4.5. We are about to roll out version 5 to some clients. We have one client that uses dragon integration in Citrix, (ie they dock their dictaphone, speechexec grabs the file and transfers it, then dragon does the transcription)

• Like 1
On 3/9/2017 at 1:29 PM, Neil Soyez said:

Just an FYI...  I have now, successfully, implemented the MS Windows Speech to Text to the end users.   This is a hosted shared desktop on Server 2016, so it was a lot easier than I thought.   AND it work s with their legal software, Needles. 

How did you get this to work. There is no notes

On 6/4/2020 at 10:52 AM, Michele Vanderheiden said:

How did you get this to work. There is no notes

Sorry...   It was just a matter of editing the GPO for those users that enabled both the Microsoft Speech Services and the microphone within windows.
Microsoft Speech Service: Settings > Privacy > Speech, inking & typing
"May Need Registry" HKLM > Software > Policies > Microsoft > InputPersonalization (32-bit DWORD value 1)

GPO Settings for MS Speech Service: Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates >  Control Panel > Regional and Language Options > Allow users to enable online speech recognition services > Enabled
Note: If you have a GPO lockdown policy limiting Control Panel options, as I did, you are going to have to enable sapisvr.exe and possibly others.
See this blog by Carl Stalhood: Link

Hope this helps!!