Photo

PVS TD Device Driver x64 In-Place Upgrade From 7.9.0.8201 to 7.12.0.12006

Started by Richard Jeffrey , 20 January 2017 - 02:04 PM
4 replies to this topic

Richard Jeffrey Members

Richard Jeffrey
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:04 PM

Failing upgrade and its rolling back.  No on screen messages.  Logs seem to indicate a 1602 MSI error for the CustomAction (CA) BNIStack_Upgrade.  The TD is in Private mode and the current 7.9.x device driver was installed anew from a ground up build.  The install file has been copied local, as per an article list the steps to take to perform an in-place upgrade.  Ideas, anyone else etc??

Carl Fallis Citrix Employees

Carl Fallis
  • 984 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:31 PM

What  OS version are you using, windows 7 x64, server OS windows 10?

Richard Jeffrey Members

Richard Jeffrey
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:39 PM

Thanks for the reply, its on Windows 2008R2 Standard.  I thought I had read it 'should' work on a versioned disk if it and the TD are in private mode.  I just tried reverting to just the base vDisk and it worked like a dream ;)

Carl Fallis Citrix Employees

Carl Fallis
  • 984 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:41 PM

It should have worked on the version also so if you can send us any logs or any data please do.

Richard Jeffrey Members

Richard Jeffrey
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 02:20 PM

The issue is back again, I did notice when it worked I saw the  'Windows Security' dialogue saying "Windows can't verify the publisher of this driver software".   Now its failing again and rolling back I do not see it.  I have ensure the GPO allows unsigned drivers on the Target Device.  Ideas?

Please do not just ask for the Installer log file, as this does not give any information, except what I listed with the sandbox DLL CA failing.