MCS - Deleting basedisk from VM Storage

Started by Peter Barnes , 20 January 2017 - 12:03 PM
2 replies to this topic

Peter Barnes Members

Peter Barnes
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 12:03 PM

Hi

I have tried creating a Machine Catalog within Studio which failed.

So I deleted the Catalog, with the intention of starting again, which has removed it from Studio.

But I still have a basedisk on the VM Storage.

I have waited over 6 hours to see if the automated processes would remove it but it is still there.

I am thinking that because the Catalog has been deleted I should be safe to manually delete this basedisk from the VM Storage?

Could someone confirm?

Paul Browne Citrix Employees

Paul Browne
  • 238 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 12:48 PM

Hi

Which version of XenDesktop are you using?

It will not hurt to delete it from the storage and may even fix the issue, however it would be nice to know why it has not been deleted.

If you are happy can you run the following steps before you delete base disk (so I can see the error)

from powershell with the citrix snapins installed.

Set-ProvServiceConfigurationData -Name DiskReaper_retryInterval -Value 0:0:1 | Out-Null
Set-ProvServiceConfigurationData -Name DiskReader_heartbeatInterval -Value 0:0:1 | Out-Null

(this forces it to try and delete every minute rather than every 6 hours)

Start CDF tracing all modules that start machinecreateservices (about 9 of them)

restart the citrix machine creation service

Wait about 4-5 minutes, stop the CDF and set it to me, 

Then you can set the retry interval back with the following commands

Set-ProvServiceConfigurationData -Name DiskReaper_retryInterval -Value 0:6:0 | Out-Null
Set-ProvServiceConfigurationData -Name DiskReader_heartbeatInterval -Value 0:1:0 | Out-Null

Peter Barnes Members

Peter Barnes
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 04:46 PM

Hi

Running Citrix Scout from the Controller but not getting the Module option when selecting run CDF Trace