Welcome to our new Citrix community!

UpmConfigCheck.ps1 includes non-standard character that causes invalid error in Japanese environment.

Paromita Mazumdar

Question

3 answers to this question

I have this error with UpmConfigCheck.ps1:

*** ERROR: profile folder C:\Users\login is not on the system volume. Profile Management cannot work. Reason: Profile Management can only work when the profile folder is
 on the system volume.

The function "Get-MountPointCount" returns the number of matches of the given path against the list of mount points (user profile)

For a classical user the profile path is "C:\Users\login" and the volume mount point is C:\

Than the result of the function "Get-MountPointCount" is "3" for the 3 characters of "C:\" matched.

But in line 3515 the condition is not possible for this case:

if ($mpc -ne 1) {
    "*** ERROR: profile folder $userprofile is not on the system volume. Profile Management cannot work." | CaptureRecommendations -CheckTitle "Profile volume" -PolicyName "" -Reason "Profile Management can only work when the profile folder is on the system volume." -Category "Miscellaneous"
  } else {

If we change this condition the test work for me:

$mountpoints = Get-VolumeMountPoints

if ($mpc -ne ($mountpoints).length) {
    "*** ERROR: profile folder $userprofile is not on the system volume. Profile Management cannot work." | CaptureRecommendations -CheckTitle "Profile volume" -PolicyName "" -Reason "Profile Management can only work when the profile folder is on the system volume." -Category "Miscellaneous"
  } else {

But I don't know if I realy understand this test in the script.

Thank's for your help.

Stephane