Photo

XenDesktop 7.12 MCS: XenServer PV Network Device Issues

Started by René Bigler , 11 December 2016 - 08:19 PM
55 replies to this topic

Best Answer James Reynolds , 11 January 2017 - 07:50 PM

Hi Eric, the private hotfix from Citrix escalation did in fact fix the issue.  I had to create a new Catalog and new MCS VMs (no big deal), but all now show optimized in XenCeter and have the correct XenServer NIC in Windows.  Also, I just started another project today doing XA 7.12 MCS on VMware and can confirm no issues with VMware, no hotfix needed.  So it does appear the issue is XenServer only.

James Reynolds Members

James Reynolds
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 09:27 PM

I have received a private hotfix for this issue from Citrix escalation.  It involves replacing two DLLs on the Controller and restarting services, and then recreating the Catalog.  I will post results when I get to test it next week.

Eric R. Members

Eric R.
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:09 PM

I have received a private hotfix for this issue from Citrix escalation.  It involves replacing two DLLs on the Controller and restarting services, and then recreating the Catalog.  I will post results when I get to test it next week.

James - Have you had a chance to try out this hotfix?

James Reynolds Members

James Reynolds
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:50 PM

Hi Eric, the private hotfix from Citrix escalation did in fact fix the issue.  I had to create a new Catalog and new MCS VMs (no big deal), but all now show optimized in XenCeter and have the correct XenServer NIC in Windows.  Also, I just started another project today doing XA 7.12 MCS on VMware and can confirm no issues with VMware, no hotfix needed.  So it does appear the issue is XenServer only.

Best Answer

Eric R. Members

Eric R.
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:04 PM

That is great news!  Any suggestions on how I could get my hands on this fix?

Rody Kossen Members

Rody Kossen
  • 82 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:16 AM

That is great news!  Any suggestions on how I could get my hands on this fix?

I also got the private fix from support. They told me that it's now on it's way to the Release team so they can create a public hotfix.

Håkan Idoffsson Members

Håkan Idoffsson
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 10:44 AM

Anyone knowing when the hotfix will be released? Or someone can upload the private hotfix somewere?

Jared Shippy Members

Jared Shippy
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 10:17 PM

@James

Is the private hotfix for MCS or for XenServer? I'm running into similar issues with PVS 7.12 on XenServer 7 and wondering if I'm in the same boat.

René Bigler Members

René Bigler
  • 254 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 08:35 AM

The hotfix is for MCS, so in your PVS setup you probably have an other issue.

David Ott Members

David Ott
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 01:42 PM

Also in the short term to get your VM`s working correctly.

Shutdown the VM

putty or console into the XenServer

xe vm-list 

(find UUID of the Vm you wish to fix)

xe vm-param-set has-vendor-device=true uuid=<UUID of the VM>

It should now work as expected.

This works perfect!  If three is a need I can write a powershell script to automate this and post it here.

David Ott Members

David Ott
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 04:02 PM

Paul Browne's solution to change the "has-vendor-device" parameter on the newly created VMs works, and I wrote a powershell script that will quickly update this value on multiple VMs (or one).

You should have powershell v3 at least I think, execution of scripts allowed, and you will need XenCenter installed on the machine where you run the script.

You can find the script here.  Be sure to read the comments at the beginning as it explains what the script does.  If you have any questions, or run into issues let me know.

Kyle Peterson Members

Kyle Peterson
  • 403 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:54 PM

I thought this was supposed to be fixed in 7.13? Went from 7.11 to 7.13 and have this issue now too.

What a joke..

EDIT: Also both my master vm and all the mcs vs have the following

hardware-platform-version ( RO): 2
             has-vendor-device ( RW): true

None of the "fixes" in this thread fix my issue with 7.13, Citrix what do I have to do to fix this once again crap release from you?

On a newly updated mcs machine this is the only difference "networks (MRO):"

Before the mcs update it was "networks (MRO): 0/ip: 192.168.6.136; 0/ipv6/0: fe80:0000:0000:0000:205d:fca6:0f54:2788"

Kyle Peterson Members

Kyle Peterson
  • 403 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 02:20 AM

Creating a new machine catalog fixed the issue for me, would be nice if that was mentioned in the release notes (might be blind?)

updating from any version to 7.12 or 7.13 requires a new machine catalog for mcs provisioned machines it appears.

Frank Haug Members

Frank Haug
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:52 AM

@James: could you give the ID for this fix plesase ? I would like request this fix from Citrix.

Thanks.

Frank

Jeremy Stroebel Members

Jeremy Stroebel
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 09:30 PM

Is this still an issue in 7.13?  If so, does anyone have a Case # or ID for the fix to reference with support?

René Bigler Members

René Bigler
  • 254 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 05:57 AM

fir me the issue is solved with 7.13

slewand988 Members

Szczepan Lewandowski
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:41 AM

May Citrix Employee answer the question, when this fix will be publicly available?

Due to end of SA, I can use versions till 7.12.

This is not good way to have more customers.