Photo

"Cannot Start Desktop" error while launching published desktops in XenApp 7.11

Started by Saravana G , 21 November 2016 - 09:51 AM
12 replies to this topic

Best Answer ImSaravana , 26 July 2017 - 05:01 AM

In our case, we have applied interactive logon message through gpo for all our VDA servers and removing this setting fixed the problem.

Our users have just clicked the icons and leave it for some time so sessions were struck for few secs in an interactive message if no one pressing the "ok" button it's closing itself but the same thing not happening with Citrix. Controller assumed still the users have an active session and it's not allowed to launch a duplicate session.

Interactive logon GPO location: Computer Configuration > Policies > Windows Setttings > Security Settings > Local Policies, click on Security Options.

Saravana G Members

Saravana G
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 09:51 AM

Hi All, 

Frequently few our users are getting "Cannot Start Desktop "Desktop name" " error while launching their desktop via our Store front URL. Users are having 4.5 receiver and ours is 7.11 infra with Netscaler VPX 11.

Error on StoreFront Server:

Log Name:      Citrix Delivery Services
Source:        Citrix Store Service
Date:          21/11/2016 11:46:32 AM
Event ID:      0
Task Category: (12346)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      StoreFront1

Description:
A request from the Citrix server to prepare for a connection was rejected while processing the initialization of desktop group "Group name" for user domain\userid. This message was reported from the XML Service at address http://Controller1/scripts/wpnbr.dll [NFuseProtocol.TRequestAddress]. 

I can see the below warnings on my Controller server.

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Citrix Broker Service
Date:          21/11/2016 10:14:09 AM
Event ID:      1102
Task Category: None
Level:         Warning
Keywords:      
User:          NETWORK SERVICE
Computer:      Controller1

Description:
The Citrix Broker Service failed to broker a connection for user 'Domain\User' to resource 'Citrix Desktop'. The virtual machine 'CitrixVDA01' rejected a request to prepare itself for a connection. This problem usually indicates that the virtual machine is engaged in an activity such as restarting, entering a suspended state, or processing a recent disconnection or logoff. 

If this problem persists, please restart the virtual machine.

Please share your thoughts and tips on this.

Saravana G Members

Saravana G
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 06:21 PM

Additional information:

I am having 2 controller with one machine catalog and one delivery group. Deploying servers through MCS in AWS hosting. 

Also  Controller1 server has Citrix License server and Controller 2 has Director.

Edited by Saravana G, 22 November 2016 - 06:30 PM.

ImSaravana Members

Saravana Kumar G
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 07:53 AM

No one answered yet...even from Citrix, let me open a case and update the solution here.

Roman Gruzdev Members

Roman Gruzdev
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 01:32 PM

Same issue here, new 7.11 build, any word from Citrix?

ImSaravana Members

Saravana Kumar G
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 05:07 PM

Hi Roman, 

I have opened a case with Citrix and it's sitting with escalation manager. Submitted all the logs to Citrix engineer but no progress yet. 

Any fix/workaround from your side ?

Roman Gruzdev Members

Roman Gruzdev
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 07:12 PM

Updated to 7.12, issue seems to be resolved...

ImSaravana Members

Saravana Kumar G
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:41 AM

Thanks for your update Roman. How difficult to upgrade the version? do you faced any issues while upgrading?

Ramesh Makkapati Members

Ramesh Makkapati
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 06:09 AM

Even I'm also facing the same issue with 7.11. Cannot Start Desktop error while launching published server desktops. Deploying servers through MCS in AWS hosting. Did you get any fix?

Ramesh Rao Members

Ramesh Rao
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 06:15 AM

Even I'm also facing the same issue with 7.11. Cannot Start Desktop error while launching published server desktops. Deploying servers through MCS in AWS hosting. Did you get any fix?

ImSaravana Members

Saravana Kumar G
  • 51 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 12:28 PM

Hi Ramesh,

Still not able to conclude with the root cause and permanent fix however publishing the same icon in different name is resolving and we are using it as a workaround. Just duplicate the icon for the affected user.

My case is currently sitting with the escalation engineer and will update the fix if we receive from Citrix ;)

John Choi Members

John Choi
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 05:49 AM

Try restarting the Citrix Broker Service on all DDCs. That fixed the issue for us.

We are on v7.11.

Valeria Rykowski Members

Valeria Rykowski
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 07:41 PM

Has upgrading the VDA to 7.12 resolved this issue ?

ImSaravana Members

Saravana Kumar G
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 05:01 AM

In our case, we have applied interactive logon message through gpo for all our VDA servers and removing this setting fixed the problem.

Our users have just clicked the icons and leave it for some time so sessions were struck for few secs in an interactive message if no one pressing the "ok" button it's closing itself but the same thing not happening with Citrix. Controller assumed still the users have an active session and it's not allowed to launch a duplicate session.

Interactive logon GPO location: Computer Configuration > Policies > Windows Setttings > Security Settings > Local Policies, click on Security Options.

Best Answer