Photo

Server 2016 published application black screen at logon

Started by Sandro Goronjic , 16 November 2016 - 01:38 PM
77 replies to this topic

Sandro Goronjic Members

Sandro Goronjic
  • 85 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 05:20 AM

Funny thing - citrix and microsoft are so proud that they have such a great partnership and tell the customers that you can open the case from citrix side or microsoft side - customers don't have to worry they will manage by themself. And now such a great example that Henrik was told to open a case at microsoft -> great partnership and even easy for the customer! :D :blink:

sorry citrix but even it's your problem as you want your customers to get ready and push out server 2016 but you cannot push server 2016 with this bug. And citrix has more possbilities to talk to microsoft directly instead letting the customer proceed to each steps again until someone at microsoft recognizes what the problem is. And it will take a long time for sure until this will be solved, as many customers would have to report the issue before microsoft will do anything. And you can be sure, microsoft will tell you to open a ticket at citrix ;-)

micgra Members

Michel Grandchamp
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 06:15 AM

Same issue, this not acceptable for end-users. I hope Citrix will asks Microsoft to solve this issue ASAP.

Sandro Goronjic Members

Sandro Goronjic
  • 85 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 07:22 AM

Henrik do you have a bug number from microsoft? so maybe we can reference to this bug? 

Adam Holzberger Members

Adam Holzberger
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 08:39 AM

same problem on 2012R2 and 2016 (with every XD 7.X Versions)

Henrik Gard Members

Henrik Gard
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 04:14 PM

No I don´t have anything from MS yet due to a lot issues on this windows Server 2016 & Xenapp 7.11 thing  with profiles that not delete the local cached copy correct  but that is another CItrix case :( It´s a bug with in the public userprofilemanager.exe version 5.6 so if you got problems with that check out the thread about "server 2016 upm 5.6 profile not delete". It´s all in there.

I will update as soon as I have anything... :)

Dieter Verschueren Members

Dieter Verschueren
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 11:39 AM

Same issues here & on different environments, all using server 2016.

- Black screen at logon

- Published apps logon / logoff is full screen launched for a short moment

Citrix & MS please fix asap.

Steffen Ingram Members

Steffen Ingram
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 08:08 AM

Same problems as mentioned above with Server 2016 - XenApp 7.12

Stefan Wendrich Members

Stefan Wendrich
  • 217 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:32 AM

Same problem with XenApp 7.13 and Server 2016

Henrik Gard Members

Henrik Gard
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:58 AM

Yes, we upgraded to Xenapp 7.13 and the issue is still occuring. I have not had the time to create a case at MS yet but I will.

Peter Löf Members

Peter Löf
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 12:41 PM

Really annoying. 

Haven't tried but assume u'll get that giant black window from time to time with preluanch enabled also?

Henrik Gard Members

Henrik Gard
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 03:31 PM

Yepp, black window behind the launching app. We have disabled session prelaunch and lingering it didn´t solve anything in this matter.

Müller Beat Members

Müller Beat
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:25 PM

Same here - does anybody have a soloution for this behavior?

Patrick Hauser Members

Patrick Hauser
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 07:51 AM

Same here - Windows Server 2016 Datacenter and XenApp 7.13.

Any solution?

Daniel Lugo Citrix Employees

Daniel Lugo
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:56 PM

Hello all,

I apologies to hear that all of you are experiencing this behavior with XenApp 7.x and Server 2016. 

To provide an update, it appears that the fix will be included with the release of XenApp 7.14, along with a Microsoft update that will be release via Windows Update to resolve the interoperability problem.

To show what is actually occurring rather than the black screen, you can also apply the following Registry edits to your Server 2016 VDA servers:

Create the following Registry key and Value

Key Location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Citrix\Logon

Name: DisableStatus

Type: REG_DWORD

Value: 0000001

The registry key above does not require a reboot of the server, solely a relaunch of the session to see the change occur. 

I do apologize for the frustrations that this behavior is causing all of you. I’m not sure if the registry key could be used as a “graphical” fix for the time being, however, it will allow users to see what is occurring rather than just a black screen during the application launch. 

Balaji Baskaran Members

Balaji Baskaran
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:34 PM

Any update on the XenApp VDA 11/12/13 on W2K12 R2's published desktop? Getting 15-20 seconds of black screen before the desktop can loads up with all icons after the local session manager/other policies ended. If i disable UPM, overall launch including folder direction is only 25 seconds without black screen. With UPM, logon is 47 seconds with 15-20 secs of black screen. Tried all the solutions provided in black screen articles, in forums etc, nothing helped. Tried all possible inclusions & exclusions in UPM. Tried only with basic UPM settings (path to store, enable profile mgmt), still the back screen issue persists.

Steve Schils Members

Steve Schils
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 10:17 AM

When will 7.14 and related Microsoft fix be available ?

Sandro Goronjic Members

Sandro Goronjic
  • 85 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 05:30 AM

Hello all,

I apologies to hear that all of you are experiencing this behavior with XenApp 7.x and Server 2016. 

To provide an update, it appears that the fix will be included with the release of XenApp 7.14, along with a Microsoft update that will be release via Windows Update to resolve the interoperability problem.

To show what is actually occurring rather than the black screen, you can also apply the following Registry edits to your Server 2016 VDA servers:

Create the following Registry key and Value

Key Location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Citrix\Logon

Name: DisableStatus

Type: REG_DWORD

Value: 0000001

The registry key above does not require a reboot of the server, solely a relaunch of the session to see the change occur. 

I do apologize for the frustrations that this behavior is causing all of you. I’m not sure if the registry key could be used as a “graphical” fix for the time being, however, it will allow users to see what is occurring rather than just a black screen during the application launch. 

Daniel, can you tell us when we can expect xendesktop 7.14 and the microsoft hotfix? I mean server 2016 is out for a while now and we even cannot publish applications because of this bug.

larry lambert Members

larry lambert
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:08 PM

New releases quarterly:  https://www.citrix.com/blogs/2017/02/01/xenapp-and-xendesktop-2017-release-schedule/

So last week of May?

Daniel Lugo Citrix Employees

Daniel Lugo
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 02:50 PM

That is the currently anticipated release for XD 7.14, yes. If I hear of any changes to the date, I will respond to the thread to keep you all aware. 

Sebastiano Ingallo Members

Sebastiano Ingallo
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 07:40 AM

Hello everyone, any news about this bug?

This is the only thing still blocking our go live with 2016.

Cheers

Seb