Started by Sacha Thomet , 30 September 2016 - 05:29 AM
135 replies to this topic

Best Answer Sacha Thomet , 28 October 2016 - 05:30 AM

the Hotfix is working for me as well.

Martijn Kools Members

Martijn Kools
  • 445 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 12:00 PM

I had issues with some metrics (including this one) when I first setup 7.11. Use WMI Explorer and connect to your VDA. Look at the WMI class 'ROOT\Citrix\Profiles\Metrics:LogonTimings'. You will have an instance for all current sessions and each session will have properties like 'DesktopReady', 'ProfileLoaded', etc. If this namespace doesn't exist altogether you have WMI issues that can be fixed with a few commands.

Mark,

First of all thanks for your help I really appreciate it. I've checked WMI on a VDA with root explorer and it does show the info you are mentioning (see attachement).

Also almost every month after Windows Updates we do a fully scripted re-install of our VDAs and create a new PVS vdisk every single time. So we run a clean 7.12 VDA installed from scratch.

I do have to say we don't use Citrix UPM but a 3rd party solution for profiles however we use that since 7.6 and it always worked with that and we didn't disable any services that could cause the issue. 

It's not a real deal breaker though, we really don't rely on logon data from Director for monitoring purposes but it would just be nice if it worked. It hurts my eyes to see it doesn't every time I open up Director :)

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture.JPG

Martijn Kools Members

Martijn Kools
  • 445 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:02 AM

Ok so when I removed all GPOs from my machine and restarted it, then logged on it showed the logon in director. So there must be a policy that I've set that blocks login data from displaying now I just have to figure out which one ;)

Lucas Van Den Broeck Members

Lucas Van Den Broeck
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 03:15 PM

Ok so when I removed all GPOs from my machine and restarted it, then logged on it showed the logon in director. So there must be a policy that I've set that blocks login data from displaying now I just have to figure out which one ;)

I'd check out "Do not process the legacy run list"  in cmp\admin templates\system\logon. That blocks a part of Citrix upm -> upmusrmsg.exe which is the process responsible for defining the end of the logon. It wouldn't be able to calculate the complete logon time without this.

CHS IT Server_Storage Members

CHS IT Server_Storage
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 02:11 PM

Is anyone able to provide me this private hotfix? We are not upgrading to 7.12 just for this director fix

Geir Ove Bjorseth Members

Geir Ove Bjorseth
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 02:18 PM

I would also get a copy of this hotfix. Send it to geibjors@gmail.com

Regards

Geir Ove Bjørseth

Mark DePalma Members

Mark DePalma
  • 87 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 02:18 PM

Is anyone able to provide me this private hotfix? We are not upgrading to 7.12 just for this director fix

You'd have to go through support to obtain it. Just log a ticket requesting LC6241. They provided me with it quickly when I asked.

Steve Bornstein Members

Steve Bornstein
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 04:29 PM

We have the hotfix, installed it a few weeks ago...all was good.  Lately though one of our sites started having the issue again.  We will probably engage Citrix support again, which will probably have us restart the service, and it will start working again...at least for a while. 

The only thing that has changed in the environment is MS patching, but that's on both sites.  Both sites are identical..one works...one does not.

doublevries Members

Jos de Vries
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:34 PM

We have the same problem. After an update from 7.6 to 7.12.

Citrix Director shows all data, except the 'Average Logon Duration / No logons over last hour'. It looks like, there is no data in our database about average logons.

I have made a case at Citrix, but they don't support us. They tell us to upgrade to 7.13 and see if this helps. We don't want this. Version 7.12 should be working without problems (like 7.6).

Does anybody have a solution for version 7.12?

Guna Sekhar Citrix Employees

Guna Sekhar
  • 104 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 03:49 AM

For 7.11 there is a hotfix available with Citrix Support , please refer LC6241 for this hotfix. With 7.12 we shouldnt have this issue.

@Jos de Vries , when you are not seeing Logon Duration with 7.12, are you sure you have UPM installed on the VDA and the UPM service is running on the VDAs?

mfaheem917 Members

Muhammad Faheem
  • 100 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 02:07 PM

Going through the support process to get the HotFix for known Director issue & Citrix support like to collect all the CDF logs / Review the deployment and making suggesting to upgrade 7.11 to 7.12 ? 

Please make the hotfix Public ..... 

doublevries Members

Jos de Vries
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 03:05 PM

Where can I find LC6241? UPM is installed on the VDA and the services is running.

One thing I noticed is that there is no key in the registry (in: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run).

Is this key necessary? 

Rex Kremer Members

Rex Kremer
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 04:58 AM

Same problem here after an upgrade to XenApp/XenDesktop 7.12 .

Everything works fine, the only thing is Citrix Director. The Dashboard shows no information about the average logons and 

"no logons over half an hour". 

What I understand is, that this is a problem in 7.11 and it should be working in 7.12? Is that correct?

Is somebody here using 7.12 without this issue?  

What should I do to look into this further? I think the VDA's don't sent average logon information to the Citrix Director.

How can I check this in the database?  

I would appreciate if someone can help me.

I would appreciate if someone can help me. I've put in hours of time but I can not continue

Gregory Moore Members

Gregory Moore
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:40 PM

I had the same issue with 7.11 and was able to get a hotfix however if you upgrade to 7.13, the issue is resolved in that fashion.

Stan Czerno Members

Stan Czerno
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 12:07 PM

Here are my findings on why the Average Logon Duration was not being updated. I hope it may help someone else, although my issue only applies to a limited scope of organizations. 

The VMs I am using are required to use the United States Government Configuration Baseline (USGCB), Specialized Security/ Limited Functionality (SSLF), for each relevant OS version.

If the GPO setting "Do not process the legacy run list" is set to enabled, this will prevent he update of the logon info from the VM to Director.

Gregory Moore Members

Gregory Moore
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 01:53 PM

@Stan,

Really? I'll have to check out the gpo setting and see if that is the case.

Thanks

Stan Czerno Members

Stan Czerno
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 07:21 PM

@Gregory

Of course you may have other issues as well, but if you are error free with the WMI UPM metrics and the Average Logon Duration is not updating, this was the cause in my particular case.