Group Policies do not show up under Settings Tab

Started by Gerdo Lansing , 24 August 2016 - 08:38 AM
12 replies to this topic

Gerdo Lansing Members

Gerdo Lansing
  • 135 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 08:38 AM

Hi there,

We have a XenApp 7.8 on Windows 2012 R2 environment.

We use management servers to manage this environment. The Virtual Desktop Agent is installed on these management servers.

I installed Studio with the MSI from <ISO>\x64\DesktopStudio

I installed the Group Policy Management extensions with the MSI from <ISO>\x64\Citrix Policy

I installed the Windows Group Policy Mangement Console.

When I start the Group Policy Management Console, I do see "Citrix Group Policy Modeling" at the top.

When I go to a policy which has Citrix policies, I do not see these settings on the Settings tab. See attached image.

When I edit this policy, I do see the Citrix policies. See attached image.

There is a similar post from the past (http://discussions.citrix.com/topic/300083-gpmc-on-citrix-xenapp-server-not-displaying-citrix-policy-settings/), but the fix is for XenApp 6.

We have an older Management server, which was installed with XenApp 7.5 and then upgraded. On this server we do see the policies on the settings tab. The newer servers are clean installed.

Attached Thumbnails

• Group Policy Management Settings tab.jpg
  • Group Policy Management Editor.jpg

George McCauley Members

George McCauley
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 04:03 PM

Did you ever find a fix for this?  I'm having the same problem with GPMC on Windows 10.  I can see the policy settings when I edit the GPO, but not from the Settings Tab.

Gerdo Lansing Members

Gerdo Lansing
  • 135 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 04:22 PM

Hi George,

We completely reinstalled the server.

First install Citrix VDA

Then install the Windows Remote Management Tools, which includes gpmc.msc.

After that install the Studio components separately. I did it with (in this order):

start /wait msiexec.exe /i "SQLSysClrTypes.msi" /passive /norestart
start /wait msiexec.exe /i "SharedManagementObjects.msi" /passive /norestart
start /wait msiexec.exe /i "Citrix.Common.Commands.Install_x64.msi" /passive /norestart
start /wait msiexec.exe /i "ADIdentity_PowerShellSnapIn_x64.msi" /passive /norestart
start /wait msiexec.exe /i "Analytics_PowerShellSnapIn_x64.msi" /passive /norestart
start /wait msiexec.exe /i "Broker_PowerShellSnapIn_x64.msi" /passive /norestart
start /wait msiexec.exe /i "Configuration_PowerShellSnapIn_x64.msi" /passive /norestart
start /wait msiexec.exe /i "ConfigurationLogging_PowerShellSnapIn_x64.msi" /passive /norestart
start /wait msiexec.exe /i "DelegatedAdmin_PowerShellSnapIn_x64.msi" /passive /norestart
start /wait msiexec.exe /i "EnvTest_PowerShellSnapIn_x64.msi" /passive /norestart
start /wait msiexec.exe /i "Host_PowerShellSnapIn_x64.msi" /passive /norestart
start /wait msiexec.exe /i "LicensingAdmin_PowerShellSnapIn_x64.msi" /passive /norestart
start /wait msiexec.exe /i "MachineCreation_PowerShellSnapIn_x64.msi" /passive /norestart
start /wait msiexec.exe /i "Monitor_PowerShellSnapIn_x64.msi" /passive /norestart
start /wait msiexec.exe /i "Citrix\Storefront_PowerShellSnapIn_x64.msi" /passive /norestart
start /wait msiexec.exe /i "UserProfileManager_PowerShellSnapIn_x64.msi" /passive /norestart
start /wait msiexec.exe /i "XDPoshSnapin_x64.msi" /passive /norestart
start /wait msiexec.exe /i "CitrixGroupPolicyManagement_x64.msi" /passive /norestart
start /wait msiexec.exe /i "PVS PowerShell SDK x64.msi" /passive /norestart
start /wait msiexec.exe /i "PzAppV_Studio_PowershellSnapin_x64.msi" /passive /norestart
start /wait msiexec.exe /i "DesktopStudio_x64.msi" /passive /norestart

Only re-installing the Studio Components on existing servers, did not work. But completely reinstalling did. I do not know why.

Best regards.

George McCauley Members

George McCauley
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 04:57 PM

Thanks Gerdo!

What operating system was this on?

I'm having the problem with Windows 10.  I've tried on two systems (RTM and 1607) and both have the same problem.

Gerdo Lansing Members

Gerdo Lansing
  • 135 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 09:25 PM

This is on 2012R2

Martin Reis Members

Martin Reis
  • 78 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:17 AM

Hello, did updating XenDesktop-components to 7.9 or a higher version help with this?

Gerdo Lansing Members

Gerdo Lansing
  • 135 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 01:03 PM

Hello, did updating XenDesktop-components to 7.9 or a higher version help with this?

I have not tried that (yet)

Joe Patridge Members

Joe Patridge
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:28 AM

We had this exact same problem in our XenDesktop 7.11 environment, and were pulling our hair out trying to figure out why.  Turns out we resolved the issue with a simple uninstall and reinstall of the GPMC on the problem delivery controllers. After that, we were able to view Citrix policies on the Settings tab of the GPMC.

Anthony Yates Members

Anthony Yates
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:43 PM

Just had the same issue myself, also on 7.11.

For us it was showing in Computer Policy but not a User Policy, however I knew I had seen it displayed in both.

So decided to create a new policy with just a Citrix Policy on it and I could see it fine. Then I started adding Windows policies a few at a time to see if I could see what was causing it to disappear. Eventually I found it to be the "Site to Zone Assignment List" policy under "Windows Components/Internet Explorer/Internet Control Panel/Security Page". Once I removed the entry it re-appeared.

I guess the issue will also occur for other policy items that use the table entry list as it seems to be this that breaks it.

So to get around the issue I've just kept this setting in a separate policy to the one that has the Citrix policies.

Also just to note I've also tried installing Citrix Group Policy Management 2.11 from the 7.13 iso but this did not resolve it either.

Serg Members

Sergii Loshmanov
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 03:22 AM

Hi guys,

I have the same issue, just trying to create a new policy with one Citrix setting and it is not displayed (as well as in all existing Citrix policies) under the settings tab. I can see the policy if I click edit, the policy is also applied fine.

XenApp 7.14.1, tried in 2 different farms, on 4 delivery controllers 2012R2 with GPMC installed - all the same.

Have you found any solution to resolve this?

Thanks.

mfaheem917 Members

Muhammad Faheem
  • 100 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:03 PM

Running into same issue - NO Citrix Policies appear under Settings tab from GPMC.

Editing Policy from GPMC shows Citrix node & allow to add / remove policies......using 7.15 LTSR.

Serg Members

Sergii Loshmanov
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:02 AM

Same issue with LTSR 7.15

Derek Da Silva Members

Derek Da Silva
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:50 AM

Same issue with LTSR 7.15 too