Photo

NetScaler 11.1 is Here! (Feedback/Comments/Issues)

Started by Ayd Asraf , 01 July 2016 - 08:29 PM
52 replies to this topic

Ayd Asraf Members

Ayd Asraf
  • 91 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 08:29 PM

Hi All,

As you may know, the next-gen NetScaler release 11.1 build 47.14F has been made publicly available through Citrix website here.  

Below are some of the enhancements and added features within this release that made me super excited (for a full list, please refer to the release notes here):

• Support for Portal Theme binding for the AAA_TM Authentication Virtual Server.
  • OAuth Support for Multi-Factor Authentication.
  • Support for Shared VLANs on Admin Partitions
  • PBR Support for Cluster.
  • Introducing Load Balancing Profiles.
  • The Ability to Set SSL Parameters on Secure Monitors.
  • The Ability to Configure an HTTPS Virtual Server to accept HTTP Traffic.
  • Unbind Operation is Required Prior to Service, Service Group Deletion, In Order to Prevent Accidentally Disabling a Virtual Server.
  • SSL_FIX Protocol Support.
  • Newly Refreshed HTML5 GUI for Enhanced User Experience.
  • Always On and nFactor for NetScaler Gateway.
  • NetScaler Management and Analytics ( Comming Soon).
  • Support for Microsoft Direct Access Deployments.
  • Support for ECC curves in Service Groups.
  • Removing RC4-MD5 cipher from the default cipher list.
  • Support for SNI on the Back-End Service.
  • Support for AES-GCM/SHA2 ciphers on the front-end of VPX appliances.
  • Support to create a Certificate Signing Request signed with the SHA256 Digest Algorithm.
  • Support for AES-GCM/SHA2 ciphers on the back-end of MPX appliances.

Please feel free to share your upgrade and operational experiences (whether they are good or bad) any issues, comments, or feedback on this thread. so other community members can collaborate on advising workarounds, and those who are in direct contact with Citrix Product Directors, can consolidate and compile your feedback and deliver them preferably for future enhancements.

Notes:

• This is a major product update, so it is advisable to try it out first on a non critical / production environment to make sure no major issues occur upon the roll-out.
  • NEW CUSTOMERS need to purchase an eligible NetScaler appliance to use the NetScaler 11.1 GA build.
  • EXISTING CUSTOMERS under active maintenance can download the NetScaler 11.1 GA build from the link provided above.

Ayd Asraf
Creative Analytical IT Expert 
In a mission for spreading the posivtive change!

Dan Dill Members

Dan Dill
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 10:03 PM

Just updated my insight center installation, the update seemed to take a while (About 12 minutes for the patch to load, then a while before the admin interface was alive again)  So give it some time if you're updating insight.

Rouell Adriano Members

Rouell Adriano
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 07:55 AM

Successfuly updated our DEV Netscaler VPX instances from 10.5 55.8 to this new major release 11.1 build 47.14F via CLI without any issues. 

Matt Sliva Members

Matt Sliva
  • 99 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 03:55 PM

Upgraded last night and noticed Citrix Receiver for Mac doesn't work now. Mac Safari, iOS, WTOS, and Windows Web/Receiver all seem to work fine.

Andrew Phillips Members

Andrew Phillips
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 01:33 AM

I've upgraded my Insight Center to 11.1 and I get a message now when logging on to the Admin GUI that Insight Center has detected the ICA sessions that do not support logging, corresponding reports will not be available.

Currently insight it only reporting HDX insight for my XenApp users, none of my XenDesktop users are showing any data.. any ideas? I'm tempted to do a fresh Insight installation but thought I'd check to see if anyone has seen this error before? My XenDesktop and XenApp users are using the same Access Gateway vServer..

XenApp is currently 7.6 VDA's. XenDesktop VDAs are running 7.8 is the only obvious difference..

Matt Sliva Members

Matt Sliva
  • 99 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 01:32 PM

Upgraded last night and noticed Citrix Receiver for Mac doesn't work now. Mac Safari, iOS, WTOS, and Windows Web/Receiver all seem to work fine.

To follow up on this, I was able to get Receiver for Mac working by re-configuring my Session Profile for Receiver. I changed the Web Interface Address and Account Services Addess fields from the secure FQDN for the Storefront load balancer to an unsecured IP address of the Storefront load balancer. 

Marco Zimmermann Members

Marco Zimmermann
  • 402 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 09:01 AM

Hi,

just deployed 2 new VPX Appliances.

When pasting DNS IPs cursor is blinking behind the last digit, when hitting backspace to delete a digit IE goes back to login screen... 

Marco Zimmermann Members

Marco Zimmermann
  • 402 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 09:12 AM

When logging in with IE11: Error:

Error in response: /nitro/v1/config/sslfips.
Response status: ??? (-425)

Chrome works.

Ayd Asraf Members

Ayd Asraf
  • 91 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 09:27 AM

When logging in with IE11: Error:

Error in response: /nitro/v1/config/sslfips.
Response status: ??? (-425)

Chrome works.

Hello Marco,

Yes i noticed some issues on the GUI with IE11 in specific however after i did a full clean for temp files and reset to IE settings, most of them are just gone! Both chrome and Edge works fine so far.  

Marco Zimmermann Members

Marco Zimmermann
  • 402 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 11:45 AM

Hello Marco,

... after i did a full clean for temp files and reset to IE settings, most of them are just gone! ...

.. that sounds like the fix for java issues in 10.x  :rolleyes:

Marco Zimmermann Members

Marco Zimmermann
  • 402 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 12:58 PM

.. clicking exactly the checkbox in a table is definitely no improvement than selecting whole line in older releases.

Edit: line can be selected using right click.. but context menu of browser opens too.

Matthew Francis Members

Matthew Francis
  • 407 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 03:56 PM

Customer upgraded from 11.0 64 to 11.1 and both MPX 7500 went into a reboot loop. Had to roll back

Ayd Asraf Members

Ayd Asraf
  • 91 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 04:06 PM

Customer upgraded from 11.0 64 to 11.1 and both MPX 7500 went into a reboot loop. Had to roll back

@Mathew: did you manage to know what module was in fault? that would be helpful for other users who plan to roll-out this version. 

Matthew Francis Members

Matthew Francis
  • 407 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 04:27 PM

I will do my best to find out. I pulled traces but have not reviewed. The device came online enough that I could putty in a hit the GUI for a about 5 minutes then down it would drop.

E. Young Members

E. Young
  • 125 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 08:02 PM

Is this the safe harbor release for 11.x?

Ayd Asraf Members

Ayd Asraf
  • 91 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 08:23 PM

Is this the safe harbor release for 11.x?

@ E. Young, Still not yet ... i believe it may take another 2 builds before it reaches the SAHA maturity.

Matt Sliva Members

Matt Sliva
  • 99 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 08:27 PM

@ E. Young, Still not yet ... i believe it may take another 2 builds before it reaches the SAHA maturity.

In the NetScaler Master Class webinar today, they talked about discontinuing the Safe Harbor moniker all together.

Ayd Asraf Members

Ayd Asraf
  • 91 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 08:40 PM

In the NetScaler Master Class webinar today, they talked about discontinuing the Safe Harbor moniker all together.

@Matt Oh really!  do you have the recording? or link to that? i am interested in this announcement ...

Davy Priem Members

Davy Priem
  • 181 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 08:48 PM

I tested the upgrade from latest 11.0 to 11.1:

- receiver for mac doesn't work anymore

- receiver for web has its logon page wrong. The logon form is on top off the page and a part isn't even readable.

Matt Sliva Members

Matt Sliva
  • 99 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 09:02 PM

@Matt Oh really!  do you have the recording? or link to that? i am interested in this announcement ...

I know it was a reply to a question about the next SaHa build in the chat/question window for the North America session. I'm not 100% sure if it was audibly addressed. Here's the YouTube link to the Euro Class.

They answer emails at NetScalerMasterClass@citrix.com