As you may know, the next-gen NetScaler release 11.1 build 47.14F has been made publicly available through Citrix website here.
Below are some of the enhancements and added features within this release that made me super excited (for a full list, please refer to the release notes here):
- Support for Portal Theme binding for the AAA_TM Authentication Virtual Server.
- OAuth Support for Multi-Factor Authentication.
- Support for Shared VLANs on Admin Partitions
- PBR Support for Cluster.
- Introducing Load Balancing Profiles.
- The Ability to Set SSL Parameters on Secure Monitors.
- The Ability to Configure an HTTPS Virtual Server to accept HTTP Traffic.
- Unbind Operation is Required Prior to Service, Service Group Deletion, In Order to Prevent Accidentally Disabling a Virtual Server.
- SSL_FIX Protocol Support.
- Newly Refreshed HTML5 GUI for Enhanced User Experience.
- Always On and nFactor for NetScaler Gateway.
- NetScaler Management and Analytics ( Comming Soon).
- Support for Microsoft Direct Access Deployments.
- Support for ECC curves in Service Groups.
- Removing RC4-MD5 cipher from the default cipher list.
- Support for SNI on the Back-End Service.
- Support for AES-GCM/SHA2 ciphers on the front-end of VPX appliances.
- Support to create a Certificate Signing Request signed with the SHA256 Digest Algorithm.
- Support for AES-GCM/SHA2 ciphers on the back-end of MPX appliances.
Please feel free to share your upgrade and operational experiences (whether they are good or bad) any issues, comments, or feedback on this thread. so other community members can collaborate on advising workarounds, and those who are in direct contact with Citrix Product Directors, can consolidate and compile your feedback and deliver them preferably for future enhancements.
- This is a major product update, so it is advisable to try it out first on a non critical / production environment to make sure no major issues occur upon the roll-out.
- NEW CUSTOMERS need to purchase an eligible NetScaler appliance to use the NetScaler 11.1 GA build.
EXISTING CUSTOMERS under active maintenance can download the NetScaler 11.1 GA build from the link provided above.
Creative Analytical IT Expert
In a mission for spreading the posivtive change!