Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Published Applications in Fullscreen cover Taskbar

Marco Hofmann

Question

Hi Guys, since a few years I have a recurring problem that really bugs me when I work remote. I would say it exists since 4.x but I'm not sure. 

I'm one of that strange sysadmins that work on Windows 8.1 with their Taskbar on the left side, so they have more space in height on widescreen monitors. 

When I open a regular published App like Internet Explorer 11 on Server 2012 R2 XenApp 7.6 VDA 7.6.3 and put IE11 to full screen, it covers the whole screen and I can't see my taskbar. This is a really annoying problem and I wanted to ask around if everyone else experiences this problem or has a solution for it. It can't reporduce it all the time, but most of the time. 

If you need more information, just ask.

--
Marco Hofmann
www.meinekleinefarm.net

6 answers to this question

Thank you very much for your question. That helped me spotting a difference.

First IE11 in windowed mode. 

post-10411489-0-92962600-1455449717_thumb.png

Then in Fullscreen with the error I told you. IE11 launched from XenApp PreLaunch

post-10411489-0-00702900-1455449765_thumb.png

During testing I found the source of the problem. This screenshot is taken after I logged off all my sessions and started IE without a running prelaunch session.

post-10411489-0-41076300-1455450223_thumb.png

So there is a direct association between my problem and Pre Launch. It only appears when I launch an app out of an existing pre launch session. 

Seems like a bug to me, but more like a XenApp bug, than a Receiver Bug.

--
Marco Hofmann
www.meinekleinefarm.net

Sorry for the late answer, I have been ill. 

> So you mean to say through session prelaunch feature IE11 is getting launch as Full Screen covering your screen.

Yes, 90% of the time, when I launch any App (IE11 is just an example here) and i maximize the window, it covers the whole screen including the taskbar. 

and if you try to launch IE11 manually from so it launches perfectly

Not quite right. If I start IE11 after I "consumed" my pre launch session, I can use maximize just as I expect it to work.

Same happens when I disable pre launch. When I disable pre launch the error happens still about 10-20% of the time. 

--
Marco Hofmann
www.meinekleinefarm.net

I was running into this as well. This was caused by the seamless desktop flag called (disable client info sync) I changed the following registry key to fix the issue.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Citrix\wfshell\TWI]

Value Name: SeamlessFlags

Value Type: REG_DWORD

Value: 0x4000

Obviously do some testing but I didn't run into any issues with it in my environment.

In our Test-environment the DISABLE CLIENT INFO SYNC flag unfortunately led to the menioned problem that minimized apps may not be minimized to the appropriate position, since the work area info is missing.

Which means that if you minimize and restore seamless windows it may happen that a window doesn't restore correctly but appears at the upper end of the taskbar. Being resized to the size of taskbar entries.

Tested with seamless flags 44100, 40100 and C0100

Firefox_minimized.PNG

Archived