Welcome to our new Citrix community!

multi monitor support with different resolutions

Kelly Jones

Question

6 answers to this question

There is no restriction on monitor resolutions but the monitors must have the same DPI settings. If this is a windows 8.1 or 10 endpoint with automatic scaling configured you can see this issue. If you change to use the "Let me choose one scaling level for all my displays" option in windows control panel display options it should solve the problem if this is the issue.

i was running into the same problems -- multi monitor setup with different dpi settings. Application windows were not displayed correctly, no keyboard input possible, mouse flickering etc... According to http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX201696 the use of different dpi settings is not supported.

But i found this workaround, it´s working in our environment (xenapp 7.11 on w2012r2 / receiver 4.5 on windows 10):

On the receiver client, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\ICA Client\wfica32.exe > Properties > Compatibility tab, select "Disable Display Scaling On High DPI Settings"

corresponding registry key for this setting:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers]

Name:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\ICA Client\wfica32.exe

Type: REG_SZ

Data: ~ HIGHDPIAWARE

• Like 1

i was running into the same problems -- multi monitor setup with different dpi settings. Application windows were not displayed correctly, no keyboard input possible, mouse flickering etc... According to http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX201696 the use of different dpi settings is not supported.

But i found this workaround, it´s working in our environment (xenapp 7.11 on w2012r2 / receiver 4.5 on windows 10):

On the receiver client, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\ICA Client\wfica32.exe > Properties > Compatibility tab, select "Disable Display Scaling On High DPI Settings"

corresponding registry key for this setting:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers]

Name:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\ICA Client\wfica32.exe

Type: REG_SZ

Data: ~ HIGHDPIAWARE

This works pretty well.  The setting for my version of wfica32.exe had slightly different wording, so I selected "Application" under the "Override high DPI scaling behavior.  Scaling performed by:" in Compatibility settings.

Thanks Hannes!

On 20/9/2017 at 5:22 PM, Daniel Pinzas said:

This works pretty well.  The setting for my version of wfica32.exe had slightly different wording, so I selected "Application" under the "Override high DPI scaling behavior.  Scaling performed by:" in Compatibility settings.

Thanks Hannes!

Yes, this solution work great also with receiver 4.9.7000 ... thank you