Welcome to our new Citrix community!

NetScaler AAA Form ->SSO->Integrated Auth

Hi Folks,

I'm migrating a customer's internal websites from KEMP to the NetScalers. The objective being to securely reverse proxy all the internal websites externally with AAA authentication.

Scenario:

Customer wishes to use NetScaler AAA Form for client-side authentication, which should then SSO to a back-end server that only supports integrated authentication.

Now I can only get this to work by design, using 401 based AAA. Doesn't work when I change the AAA Virtual Server to Forms-based(as expected).

Are there any work-around's for this as the KEMP's do have a feature called Custom Authentication Forms which allows to you to define client-side and server side authentication.

https://support.kemptechnologies.com/hc/en-us/articles/203126599-Custom-Authentication-Form

Surely, if the KEMP's can do it out of the box - there should be way for the NetScaler's too? Shouldn't it?  :)

cheers

Vinay

• 1 year later...

I realize I am resurrecting a fairly old thread, but were you able to get anywhere with this?

I too would like to be able to use  AAA Form based authentication to then pass credentials back to a website prompting for NTLM credentials.

If you were access the server/website directly, you receive a 401 style authentication window, which doesn't give me a form path to populate for my "Form Action URL" in the Traffic policy.

• 2 years later...

For the record I got it to work.

Form-based to NTLM SSO, works with a Session Policy with SSO to Web Applications enabled, bound to to the AAA-server.

I also had to adjust the SSO Attribute on the authentication server (to sAMAccountName or UserPrincipalName).

Since I have multiple domains with separate authentication policys I had to use "UserPrincipalName" so it also passes the domain. In Citrix documentation it sometimes spells "UserPrincipleName" but it need to be "UserPrincipalName".