Management Consoles slow

Started by Stefan Wendrich , 02 April 2015 - 07:07 AM
7 replies to this topic

Stefan Wendrich Members

Stefan Wendrich
  • 385 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 07:07 AM

Hello,

my management Consoles, Citrix Studio, Storefront are very slow lazy.

This happens under win 2008 r2, win 2012 and win 2012 r2. 

What can i do, to speed them up ?

Martin Rowan Citrix Employees

Martin Rowan
  • 329 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 07:32 AM

Hi Stefan, can you give examples of operations you are perfoming and the time it takes in order to quantify the feeling of slowness?

Info on the size of your environment will also be helpful.

Thanks Martin

Stefan Wendrich Members

Stefan Wendrich
  • 385 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 07:47 AM

Hi Martin,

startup, switching between delivery groups. Switching between menu items.

The AppCenter from XenApp 6.5 was much faster.

Our environment is very small. 5 Desktops 

Martin Rowan Citrix Employees

Martin Rowan
  • 329 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 08:42 AM

Stefan, can you quantify the time? Are we talking multiple seconds waiting with a spinner to load before you see anything. 

If you can provide timed measurements on how long it takes to perform some example actions. I can compare it to my environment and should be able to see if something looks odd, or if the difference between the different consoles is expected

Note that with the new architecture Studio will be making powershell queries to the broker which in turn will be querying SQL. So latency or poorly sized or heavily loaded SQL and broker will impact Studios ability to present data quickly.

Navreet Singh Members

Navreet Singh
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 10:29 AM

After doing this setting xendesktop 5.6 and 7.6  studio launches fast for me. 

you can give it a try:

http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX139325

B.J.M. Groenhout Members

B.J.M. Groenhout
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:08 PM

The following adjustments can be made if Desktop Studio (and other Citrix management Consoles) will start slowly.

Within the Internet Explorer you can uncheck the option “Check for publisher’s certificate revocation”
(accessible via: Tools – Internet Options – Tab Advanced – Item Security)

After adjustment Desktop Studio (MMC) will be started immediately. Without adjustment it may take some time before Desktop Studio (MMC) is started.

Register setting:

Registry Editor Version 5.00
;IE - Check for publisher´s certificate revocation: Disabled
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinTrust\Trust Providers\Software Publishing]
"State"=dword:00023e00

Ben Jones Members

Ben Jones
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 11:24 AM

Hi Stefan

If you're running XA / XD 7.6, then this Studio Hotfix will help reduce the delay: http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX141745

Other things that can cause the delay are: Spaces and / or special characters in the database names, spaces and / or special characters in the defined storage (under "Hosting").

Regards

Ben

Stefan Wendrich Members

Stefan Wendrich
  • 385 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 11:48 AM

Hello,

i disabled the crl check in IE and created a mmc.exe.config file to disable revocation check. Storefront GUI takes round about 25 seconds to start.

Citrix Studio takes round about 40 seconds. After both consoles are loaded, the speed within the consoles is ok.