Photo

XenServer - W2k8 VM - Want Virtual SoundCard

Started by Chris Doran , 14 May 2014 - 09:29 PM
3 replies to this topic

Best Answer James Cannon , 14 May 2014 - 09:40 PM

There is no sound driver from XenServer point of view. You will want to post to PVS forum, as there may be a Windows solution. Just to be clear - there is nothing in XenTools (or XenServer) that would resolve your issue.

Chris Doran Members

Chris Doran
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:29 PM

Hi everyone,

I've got a 3 member XenServer 6.1 pool with some shared storage.

I'm using PVS to present the XenApp servers and I'm not getting the audio redirection that we desire for WebEx and GTM.

I'm thinking that if I have a virtual sound card presented to the PVS targets that the test users will be able to use their WebEx and GTM clients for audio.

I see out there online that adding some lines to the HVM file might enable a virtual sound card for the users.

http://www.arulraj.net/2010/03/soundcard-in-xen-vm.html

Does this seem viable in a PVS Hosted Shared Desktop target, and if so, where can I find the HVM files when I putty/winscp to the hosts?

I really appreciate it!

James Cannon Citrix Employees

James Cannon
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:40 PM

There is no sound driver from XenServer point of view. You will want to post to PVS forum, as there may be a Windows solution. Just to be clear - there is nothing in XenTools (or XenServer) that would resolve your issue.

Best Answer

Chris Doran Members

Chris Doran
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:45 PM

Thanks for the quick reply James.

I did see the following as a way to edit the config file I was looking for indirectly with the "xe vm-param-set" command:

http://serverfault.com/questions/409322/where-are-the-vm-cfg-files-on-xenserver-6

But as you state there's nothing there to look for I'll leave it at that.

Thanks again!

James Cannon Citrix Employees

James Cannon
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:01 PM

Hi Chris,

The link to blog for vm-param-set should only really be used to provide access to GPU (for use in XenDesktop). Outside of Citrix XenServer, perhaps using open source xen in your favorite Linux diustro, you would have more options. Besides the PVS forums, the XenApp forums may be of help.

VMs can only access USB hard drive and GPU (for use in XenDesktop).