Updated Privacy Statement

Provisioning services no servers available for disks in maintenance mode

Nick Krone

Question

Receiving "provisioning services no servers available for disk" when trying to boot into two maintenance versions of 2 vDisks we have. This is from a target device in VMware.

Issue just started to happen. We have PVS 7, XenDesktop 7 set up. All VDIs work just fine and you can boot up to the production vDisks without issue.

PVS servers and the hypervisor (vCenter) has been rebooted. These are Windows 7 vDisks that are a new version in maintenance mode.

I created a new version in maintenance mode for one of the XenApp 6.5 vDisks we have - and see the same issue.

Maintenance mode vDisks are showing as having no vDisk active. Booting to the production vDisks from the same target device shows the vDisk as active.

Any ideas/thoughts on why this is happening?

15 answers to this question

Since this is PVS 7 (I hope 7.1) try setting HKLM\Software\Citrix\ProvisioningServices\SkipRimsForPrivate to 1 (Dword) in the registry

With PVS 7.0 and higher the streamprocess checks with inventory only in the case when streaming private mode (or maintenance basically the same).  But the inventory is not real time and does not always have the correct information at the time you need it.  This is why the streamprocess does not use it for standard mode any more.  This key tells the streamprocess to bypass all interaction with inventory and default back to algorithms used in 6.0. 

Since this is PVS 7 (I hope 7.1) try setting HKLM\Software\Citrix\ProvisioningServices\SkipRimsForPrivate to 1 (Dword) in the registry

With PVS 7.0 and higher the streamprocess checks with inventory only in the case when streaming private mode (or maintenance basically the same).  But the inventory is not real time and does not always have the correct information at the time you need it.  This is why the streamprocess does not use it for standard mode any more.  This key tells the streamprocess to bypass all interaction with inventory and default back to algorithms used in 6.0. 

Slight correction, this needs to go under HKLM\Software\Citrix\ProvisioningServices\StreamProcess\  <reg DWORD>SkipRimsForPrivate=1

http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX200233.

Be sure to bounce the Stream service.

On 6/13/2014 at 3:16 PM, William Walker1709152505 said:

I found a workaround for this issue.  Go to the disk in the PVS console and right click and choose "Replication Status" once that opens just close it and restart your vm that is booting the new vhd and it will not give you the error anymore.

this worked for me, thanks!

On 6/13/2014 at 10:16 AM, William Walker1709152505 said:

I found a workaround for this issue.  Go to the disk in the PVS console and right click and choose "Replication Status" once that opens just close it and restart your vm that is booting the new vhd and it will not give you the error anymore.

Recently had this happen when I made a copy of a vDisk and imported the copy as a new separate vDisk. This "replication status" workaround worked for me. Thanks!