Photo

CTRL key sticking

Started by Richard McClain , 13 January 2014 - 02:25 PM
70 replies to this topic

Jeremias Jansson Members

Jeremias Jansson
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:01 AM

Same here, using T620 with latest ThinPro and Receiver 13 rendered the Thinclients useless due to sticking CTRLkeys, after lots of stress we had to bite the bullet and downgrade to 12.1.

So Citrix, pretty PLEASE with sugar on top, get this fixed NOW and send the new version to HP ASAP so that they can distribute it to their ThinPro platform.

It is that simple since you claim to already have a hotfix for this?

Or am I wrong?

Jason Mills Members

Jason Mills
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:23 PM

Hi,

We have the same issue, we have deployed citrix Receiver version 13.0.2 with the hope that the issue was fixed but it is still happening, though not as frequently.  We are about to roll back to V 12 of the receiver though as it is having a significant impact on out users.  Nit sure what we will lose by going back though.

Arnoux Bardoel Members

Arnoux Bardoel
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:14 AM

Any one know if this problem is resolved by now or if this problem still persist?
And if it is solved if there is a hot fix for the HP T5565

Alan Thomas Members

Alan Thomas
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:42 AM

Registered just to post this workaround.

If I have the windows virtual keyboard open on the host computer and a key gets stuck, if I hold down the offending key and click the key on the virtual keyboard simultaneously, it usually un-sticks the key.

Pain in the butt, but beats quitting the session and logging in again for each copy/paste!

Seriously Citrix, fix this already!

Carl Behrent Members

Carl Behrent
  • 311 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:25 AM

We're running HP T510 Thin Clients (Ubuntu 12.04) with Citrix Receiver v13.0 and seeing the "sticky key" issue

HP have just given me a patch for Receiver v13 which will (according to HP) resolve the sticky key issue. The version of the Receiver I've been given is v13.0.3

I am yet to test this out but will report back of my findings.

Jonathan Keogh Members

Jonathan Keogh
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:14 PM

You got receiver from HP? Or you got receiver 13.0.3 from Citrix and an additional patch from HP?  Please do post back with your results.  We are having the same issue's on our HP thin clients.  We have a current Citrix support contract but I can only find version 13.0 for download.

Thanks,

Tim 

Carl Behrent Members

Carl Behrent
  • 311 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:36 PM

This patch came from HP because I'm sure they had to add their bit to the Citrix Receiver to make it work on our HP ThinPro devices.

I have just deployed it to a user experiencing the issue constantly and will check in with them later today or tomorrow morning to see how they have been going.

I'll get some more info from HP regarding what's included in the update but it seems if HP have 'the fix' for the Linux Receiver then I'm sure Citrix do.

I'll report back my findings

Carl Behrent Members

Carl Behrent
  • 311 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:14 PM

Since upgrading a device to Linux Receiver v13.0.3 we got from HP 24 hours ago, the user hasn't had the sticky key issue since.

Pierre-Yves Van Geem Members

Pierre-Yves Van Geem
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:54 AM

Hi Carl,

We are running the same problem with our t620 devices. Any chance for you to send me a copy of this updated Receiver, or to let me know where to find it? I still can't find it in the Drivers and Software section of HP's support website...

Cheers,

Pierre

Carl Behrent Members

Carl Behrent
  • 311 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:40 AM

Sent

kmccitrix Members

Mike Imes
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 04:22 PM

Hi Carl/Pierre,

Same issue here with our Thin Clients -
Any chance one of you guys could share a copy of the updated Receiver or let me know where I can find it?

PATRICK GAVISK Members

PATRICK GAVISK
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 04:59 PM

Yes, I would like to fix that on my HP thin client as well.

Hook us up!

Thanks!

Daniel Moser Members

Daniel Moser
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 01:58 PM

Since upgrading a device to Linux Receiver v13.0.3 we got from HP 24 hours ago, the user hasn't had the sticky key issue since.

Hello Carl

Please, can you tell what release of 13.0.3 that you are using? You can grab this number by running ./wfica -version at ICAROOT folder. My version is 13.0.3.274243.

Thank you!

Carl Behrent Members

Carl Behrent
  • 311 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:42 PM

We are now running v13.0.3.274243 also.

Since moving to v13 of the Receiver (with and without v13.0.3) we are seeing some users get a "BadCursor" error that comes from the HP client itself in front of their XenApp desktop.

Its logged with HP and they mentioned they have had a few reports of it but no fix as yet. Keep an eye out on it when your using v13.0.x.

Michel Ruttens Members

Michel Ruttens
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:40 AM

Can somebody please share the Receiver for Linux v13.0.3? It is still not visible on the hp website and my customer is really getting angry that I can not solve the problem. There are over 20 clients that cannot properly work with the sticky key problem.

Arnoux Bardoel Members

Arnoux Bardoel
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:47 AM

If there indeed is some oine that has the link for the download i would like to receive the link aswell.

Daniel Moser Members

Daniel Moser
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:46 PM

Hello everyone

Just wanted to share an update:

I have an opened case with Citrix regarding sticky keys and they informed me that the problem is mainly related to Unity (Ubuntu). With this in mind, I created a VM with Kubuntu and the problem didn't happened with any release of Receiver 13.

Citrix team has a 13.0.4 version that actually fix the problem with Unity, I've received it and can confirm that the problem is gone.

Who have an opened case or an agreement, ask them for  this version and you guys should be fine.

Regards,

Daniel Moser

IT IT Members

IT IT
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 10:59 AM

Hi. We have the same issue with HP t620 ThinClients with the image version Z6X44017.

We have installed the "CitrixReceiver-13-TPZ-44-9-x86.xar". (sp66464)

But "icaclient-term" is 13.0.0.256735

Many of our user have this issue and can't work with this bug. :/

Any news here?

Edit:

The Version 13.0.4 seems to be a unpuplished version only. Without a Citrix case no fix. Totally incomprehensible.

Edwin Poiesz Members

Edwin Poiesz
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:11 PM

Same problem CTRL is sticking within less then 2 minutes.

Unable to work with this.

I'm emploued in a large company that is using Citrix and I don't want to go all the way of the hassle of finding account information.

This issue is there since Januari, it is September now or make the mod public so that I can work remote.

Citrix Receiver ICAclient-13.0.0.256735_amd64.deb on Ubuntu 14.04

Daniel Moser Members

Daniel Moser
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:50 PM

Citrix Receiver 13.1 was publicly released, no doubt that this nasty issue is fixed.