Photo

CTRL key sticking

Started by Richard McClain , 13 January 2014 - 02:25 PM
70 replies to this topic

Richard McClain Members

Richard McClain
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:25 PM

I recently upgraded to Ubuntu 13.10 64bit and Receiver Version 13.0.0.256735. I use the Receiver to connect to a remote virtual desktop hosted by my employer. Soon noticed that the ctrl key is sticking. The only workaround I have found is to reboot the virtual desktop and reconnect. This problem is making the product nearly unusable. This problem was not occurring with my previous version - Ubuntu 13.04 and Receiver 12. I noticed a comment by Michael Eitelwein (http://discussions.citrix.com/topic/335516-alt-key-stuck-still/) reporting the same problem. Any updates, fixes, or workarounds for this problem?

Kasper Lund Members

Kasper Lund
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:14 AM

I am running Ubuntu 13.10 32 bit (3.11.0-15-generic #23-Ubuntu SMP Mon Dec 9 18:16:27 UTC 2013 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux) and are experiencing almost the same issue, though to me it seems to be AltGr that are stuck. Sometimes when i'm lucky i am able to make it behave normal by pressing an unknown number of times on CTRL, Alt, AltGr, Shif, Tab and maybe others. (pure luck)

I have changed the keyboard layout in wfclient.ini to Danish instead of (Userprofile Profile) but this has not changed anything.

I havent had this issue with previous versions of the receiver.

Best regards.

Kasper

Dennis Stracke Members

Dennis Stracke
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:22 PM

same problem here (ubuntu 12.04, 13.10 32bit). We did not have this problem with receiver 12.1.

Giuseppe Passino Members

Giuseppe Passino
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:32 PM

This is happening to me as well. I have reverted to 12.1. I've tried with ubuntu 13.10 64bit.

Daniel Matthis Members

Daniel Matthis
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:49 PM

I have the same issue. I have turned on the windows on screen keyboard to see what keys it thinks are pressed. 

Ctrl and alt will "stick" and shift will seem to stick after you have used alt.

If you hit the windows key (or super key) it will be pressed and will not depress which essentially ruins any of the workarounds I have found for the ctrl or alt key sticking. 

I am trying to find a way to just disable the windows key from being used in the citrix client but I have been unsuccessful.

Notes:

* Client: Ubuntu 13.10 x86_64

* VMHost: Windows 7 64bit.

* Citrix Receiver: 13.0

Daniel Matthis Members

Daniel Matthis
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:06 PM

If I change <super> and <alt> so they do not open the ubuntu HUD then I have no issue, or I am at-least able to correct the stuck key with a press.

Pressing <super> while in the Citrix window will force <super> in to the on position and you can never depress it unless you pull the system up on a windows client. 

Using the compizconfig manager I changed "Key to show the HUD" to the <menu> key, and "Key to show the Dash, Launcher and Help Overlay" to <alt><super>.

Peter Grayson Members

Peter Grayson
  • 73 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:18 PM

I am having this exact issue, primarily the "Ctrl" key sticking. Is there a patch for this in the pipework? Receiver version 13.0.0.256735

Peter Grayson Members

Peter Grayson
  • 73 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:15 AM

I've gone back to 12.1, not just the CTRL key sticking, it was the windows key, the shift key and ALT. 13 is a no go until this is sorted

Niek Boevink Members

Niek Boevink
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:36 PM

We having the same issue.
Anybody having any progress?

Giles Atkinson Citrix Employees

Giles Atkinson
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:25 AM

A fix is expected in support build 13.0.1.  There is also the possibility of getting an OS fix, as the bug is in code that tries to work around an apparent OS bug in the X server:  failure to send a KeymapNotify event following each FocusIn event.  From descriptions above, it looks likely that the failure occurs after a FocusIn with mode NotifyUngrab.

Jacek Kuzemczak Members

Jacek Kuzemczak
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:22 AM

I've been following this topic for a while so it's nice to see some progress is almost being made. Are there any beta or development builds available? Or any expected ETA for the fixed release? This issue is causing a bit of a headache for me too :(

Peter Grayson Members

Peter Grayson
  • 73 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:21 PM

Why if it's a known bug and such a crippling one haven't Citrix pulled version 13 and gone back to 12.1?

I am sure there are plenty of people out there that have, or still are falling into the trap of downloading this version and taking stick from their users\clients about it. 

The release of 13.0.1 doesn't seem imminent given a Citrix employee posted about this 3 weeks ago.  

Dermot O'Dwyer Citrix Employees

Dermot O'Dwyer
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:57 AM

There is a Limited Release Hotfix now available for this. You can open a support case to request this.

Jonathan Leighton-Hoggett Members

Jonathan Leighton-Hoggett
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:41 AM

There is a Limited Release Hotfix now available for this. You can open a support case to request this.

We don't have a support agreement so are unable to do this. We do have 200 XenDesktop licences and would like the ability to use the software that has been paid for.

Dermot O'Dwyer Citrix Employees

Dermot O'Dwyer
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:48 AM

We don't have a support agreement so are unable to do this. We do have 200 XenDesktop licences and would like the ability to use the software that has been paid for.

Hi Jonathan,

You can also contact your reseller at http://www.citrix.com/partners/locator.

Jonathan Leighton-Hoggett Members

Jonathan Leighton-Hoggett
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:59 AM

Hi Jonathan,

You can also contact your reseller at http://www.citrix.com/partners/locator.

We bought it along with the hardware from Dell and do not have a contact that can provide support on this issue.

Peter Grayson Members

Peter Grayson
  • 73 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:41 AM

Any idea when this will be on general release? I'm in the same boat as Jonathan, its causing us some real headaches

Owen Brotherwood Members

Owen Brotherwood
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:33 PM

Currently ok with doing uselocalim=FALSE 

An old fix... 

Danish keyboard :)

Peter Grayson Members

Peter Grayson
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:36 PM

Thanks Owen

I'll give this a go and report back if it works for us

Peter Grayson Members

Peter Grayson
  • 73 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:17 AM

This isn't working for me I am afraid... Gutted.