Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Disable Apps Using PowerShell

Brian Ellis1709152899

Question

I would like to disable all published applications in a folder using PowerShell.  I can use this command to disable a specific application:

Disable-XAApplication "applicaiton name"

And I can use this command to list all applications in the Applications/Test folder:

Get-XAApplication -FolderPath Applications/Test

How can I disable all applications in the Applications/Test folder using PowerShell?

Thanks in advance.  Brian

12 answers to this question

Hi,

I have a similar question, but the applications are mixed in different folders and I don't want some applications in the same folders disabled.

What I am trying to do is disable and hide, applications that have not been used in a year.

I used Report Center to get a list of applications that have not been used in a year or more.

I would like to disable and hide that list of applications, which are in different folders mixed in with applications that I don't want to disable and hide.

I can make a txt for csv file with a list of the unused applications, can I use that list to disable and hide with out worrying about the Folder path?  I can also get folder Path in CSV file.

Thanks,

AC

Try this

$Apps = Get-Content C:\applist.txt

ForEach ($App in $Apps)

{

Disable-XAApplication -BrowserName $App.browsername

Set-XAApplication -BrowserName $App.browsername -Enabled $False -HideWhenDisabled $True

}

Create a file in C:\ called applist.txt and seperate each application name on separate lines.

Please test first.

----------

Shaun Ritchie
www.shaunritchie.co.uk
www.twitter.com/shaunritchie_uk

Hi Shaun,

Thanks for the reply but I am getting errors:

Cannot validate argument on parameter 'BrowserName'

I don't think it has a way of know with that parameter is by just a app name in a txt file?

The previous example which has a Get-XXApplication -FolderPath so it will have the BrowserName Parameter.

How can we get that parameter with the script that uses the txt file?

Thanks