Welcome to our new Citrix community!

ALT Key Stuck Still

Jesse Gifford1709152810

Question

Citrix Receiver 4.0.0.45893
Windows 7 Pro SP1
2GB Memory

Running 2 hosted applications and one of the applications we scan documents using a local attached usb scanner. after about the 4 or 5 scan the keyboard acts like the ALT key is being pressed. So for example if I hit the F key the file menu comes down.

I know there was supposed to have been some fix that came out from the 3.x version but it does not seem to have resolved our issue.

10 answers to this question

Same thing here using a Linux based HP Thin client. Alt, Ctrl, Windows keys. they all stick intermittently, and it is infuriating. It's also pretty dangerous when one is trying to edit scripts and the like.

I have tried three or four different keyboards, but it doesn't seem to matter.  I am afraid that once we get this VDIiaB rolled out, I am going to be hearing about this.

This problem still exists, at least the ALT key alone is sticking. In fact I can pull up the onscreen keyboard, and the alt key shows lit. I can actually turn it off using the right alt key on the on screen keyboard (but not the left). However, the next keystroke re-activates the Alt key. This is not a hardware problem, if I get out of Reciever, my alt key is not active.

FireFox 78.0.1 (64-bit) (however same happens with Chrome Version 83.0.4103.116 (Official Build) (64-bit))

Citrix Receiver for HTML5

NetScaler Gateway

Distributor ID:    Ubuntu

Description:    Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS

Release:    18.04

Codename:    bionic

On 7/7/2020 at 6:39 PM, Mark Hymel said:

This problem still exists, at least the ALT key alone is sticking. In fact I can pull up the onscreen keyboard, and the alt key shows lit. I can actually turn it off using the right alt key on the on screen keyboard (but not the left). However, the next keystroke re-activates the Alt key. This is not a hardware problem, if I get out of Reciever, my alt key is not active.

FireFox 78.0.1 (64-bit) (however same happens with Chrome Version 83.0.4103.116 (Official Build) (64-bit))

Citrix Receiver for HTML5

NetScaler Gateway

Distributor ID:    Ubuntu

Description:    Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS

Release:    18.04

Codename:    bionic

I have a similar problem when I use Citrix and emacs inside, it is annoying.

Citrix Workspace app for Linux 238.0.39

Desktop: Ubuntu 22.04

OS for the Server: Redhat 7.9

Use Swedish key board.

If I type Alt again, the issue can be temporarily fixed, but it will occur again.

Please help me out.

Thanks!