Jump to content


Photo

An error occurred while trying to access the requested resource.

Started by Steve Tezak , 25 March 2010 - 04:25 PM
5 replies to this topic

Steve Tezak Members

Steve Tezak
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:25 PM

Environment on one server:

2008 SP2 x86 fully patched
XA 5.0 plus hot fixes, no rollups
XML on Port 81
AltAdder set to external IP
Secure Access set to Default Direct
WI 5.3
Client 12
All-in-one Server running on VMware.
No Secure Gateway or Access Gateway (Yes, I know. This is what the client wanted)
Web Site Added to Trusted Sites
No Domain - Using Workgroup

Disabled UAC and Firewalls first thing before installing Rolls, Features and Citrix

I can login fine both externally and locally on the Citrix Server but I get the following when trying to launch any applications: An error occurred while trying to access the requested resource.

No errors in the Event Logs. I am stumped.

Edited by: Steve Tezak on Mar 29, 2010 12:19 PM



David Rinehart Citrix Employees

David Rinehart
  • 248 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:15 PM

has this ever worked? can a domain admin launch an application?
try restarting xml service - test - and if no help - restart ima service.
if permissionrelated see ctx109392

http://support.citrix.com/search/basic?searchQuery=ctx109392

most of the reasons have been documented

see
http://support.citrix.com/search/basic/?searchQuery=%22requested+resource%22



Steve Tezak Members

Steve Tezak
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:16 PM

No never worked with this install. This is the third try.
1st. Install XML port sharing with IIS, Notepad launched one time, then this issue.
Blew everything away, rebuilt it all with IIS on port 8080. Could not login to web page. Probably a conflict with License server.
Third try, XML on port 81. Can login to WI, can't launch apps. Have tried everything I could think of or find on the Internet.

I will check out your links. Thanks



Steve Tezak Members

Steve Tezak
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:22 PM

I found the issue. Not sure why but the following values were missing in the registry:

Search for All Regions and make sure the following values are there.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Citrix\ICA Client\Engine\Lockdown Profiles\All Regions]
"Version Minimum"=dword:00002710
"Version Maximum"=dword:00002774
"EnableLockdown"=dword:00000001
"AllowConnection"=dword:00000001
"OverrideInvalidICAParameters"=dword:00000001
"AllowUnrecognisedICAParameters"=dword:00000001



David Rinehart Citrix Employees

David Rinehart
  • 248 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 04:18 AM

good troubleshooting
from the post it was hard to determine it was a workstation issue
but i suppose once you found a working machine that could connect or you pointed the workstation to a known working good serverand it still failed it led you to look at the workstation.

the next question would be: how was the client installed? manually? custom install package? sms? , etc.
and if there was a previous citrix client on the workstation.

these are tips for other who may find this thread and the customer solutions is not theirs

hope this helps



Steve Tezak Members

Steve Tezak
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 09:21 PM

Actually this was a server side issue. As a note this was an all-in-one server. No Domain, only a workgroup and no DNS.

I did troubleshooting launching from the server itself, connecting with the web client from a second SQL database server, and connecting remotely from the Internet. All had the exact same symptom. . . could not launch the application. It was like the server was not trusted, which got me to looking in the registry and Googleing and I found the All Regions and the lockdowns.

I looked at the default user and the current user keys and saw the difference. Copied the missing keys, Tried it and it worked.