Photo

Audio with a local USB device

Started by Administrator , 25 March 2004 - 01:28 PM
3 replies to this topic

Administrator Administrators

Administrator
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 March 2004 - 01:28 PM

I'm looking for any suggestions on deploying a usb foot pedal in a FR3 environment. We have an in-house app that will show a list of .wav files, the user can select a file which currently plays in the audio player that runs internal to the app which is launched on the presentation server. The user has a requirement to control the audio playback/pause... features from a usb foot pedal attached to the users local machine.
Since usb redirection isn't supported, any ideas how this will work? There could potentially be about 100 concurrent users doing this at the same time...

seh

Administrator
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 March 2004 - 06:30 PM

I would modify my in house application (when running in Citrix Mode) to request the data via a virtual channel function call versus a USB port. This will be your server end.

On the client I would write a function which reads the USB port on the client machine and returns this information to the calling server function.

Message was edited by: virgena

Message was edited by: virgena

Administrator
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 March 2004 - 08:06 PM

Modifying the app is not an option, unfortunately.

Administrator
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 09:47 PM

If you are looking for a blackbox approach then I would look into those drivers that fake a serial com port from a USB port and use the Citrix Serial built support. Alternatively, you can have someone write the same thing I mention before but for a USB driver.

Give Us feedback