Welcome to our new Citrix community!

CRTL ALT Key Stuck Issue after Lockscreen in XenApp 7.13

Aaron Argent1709155965

Question

After upgrading XenApp 7.6.3 on Server 2008 R2 x64 Platform to XenApp 7.13 users have been having issues with Typing after entering in Lockscreen on local machine, weather by ScreenSaver timeout or Manual locking.  Users cant type in notepad or other applications as it appears to be like the CTRL and ALT keys are stuck down.  

Have it happening on 3 different 2008 R2 XenApp Environments, one with Office 2013 and 2 with Office 2016, Have tested with Citrix Receiver 4.4 and 4.7 and no change.

At moment only fixes we have found are:

- Tapping the CTRL and ALT

- Disconnecting and Reconnecting

- Launching on screen keyboard

These are not fixes tho as affecting 2000+ users in our environment.

Running on PVS 7.13 and XenServer 7.1 as well.

8 answers to this question

Have tried a couple different versions and come up with the Below

- XenApp 7.6.3 and 7.7 don't have the issue.

- XenApp 7.9, 7.12 and 7.13 have the issue.  

Can see via the On screen Keyboard the CRTL ALT keys getting stuck when pressing CTRL ALT DEL to access the Lock screen via Local machine, even if not locked and you come back,  You can see the CRTL and ALT still highlighted as being held down.

This problem still exists, at least the ALT key alone is sticking. Infact I can pull up the onscreen keyboard, and the alt key shows lit. I can actually turn it off using the right alt key on the on screen keyboard (but not the left). However, the next keystroke re-activates the Alt key. This is not a hardware problem, if I get out of Reciever, my alt key is not active.

FireFox 78.0.1 (64-bit) (however same happens with Chrome Version 83.0.4103.116 (Official Build) (64-bit))

Citrix Receiver for HTML5

NetScaler Gateway

Distributor ID:    Ubuntu

Description:    Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS

Release:    18.04

Codename:    bionic