Photo

Install Delivery Controller with msi and powersell

Started by pierre frfrtt , 21 April 2017 - 01:23 PM
5 replies to this topic

Best Answer Carl Stalhood , 27 April 2017 - 03:55 PM

If you run the install the regular way, the installer log file shows you each of the MSI files that it installs.

pierre frfrtt Members

pierre frfrtt
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:23 PM

Hi guys,

I would like to know if it's possible to install a "XenDesktop Delivery Controller" just using the .msi files contained in the XD7.11.iso. I don't want to use the "XenDesktopServerSetup.exe" file.

I'm trying to do this but it doesn't work. ( For Studio, Licensing server, Director, and VDAs, their is no problem ).

I find nothing on the Web to help me.... Evryone use XenDesktopServerSetup.exe... (or user interface ^^' )

Do you know some good docs ?

Thx a lot :)

Benjamin Crill Members

Benjamin Crill
  • 173 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:08 PM

I have installed via powershell, but it still uses XenDesktopserversetup.exe.  Are you morally opposed to using that? :)

pierre frfrtt Members

pierre frfrtt
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:09 AM

Hi,

Thanks for your reply

I'm not morally opposed to XenDesktopServerSetup.exe :) This solution works perfectly. It's just that I would like to know if it's possible to install a DC by a standalone solution, and how. I think that it could be pretty cool to install a DC by using MSI packages. Like this we don't have to copy or share the Installation-CD in all nodes, by just copy some packages and ensure they are present and installed :)

Benjamin Crill Members

Benjamin Crill
  • 173 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:06 PM

You can absolutely do what you are looking to do by just expanding the ISO on a file server and sharing that location.  Then your PS script can just reference the UNC.

Carl Stalhood CTP Member

Carl Stalhood
  • 11,621 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:55 PM

If you run the install the regular way, the installer log file shows you each of the MSI files that it installs.

Best Answer

pierre frfrtt Members

pierre frfrtt
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 12:13 PM

Hi,
After taking a look of Installer log file, i found exactly what i was looking for.

This logs files are in "%appdata%\local\temp\citrix" directory.

Thanks a lot ! :)