Photo

Citrix Session Recording not recording in 7.13 (Broken??)

Started by Jacob Dixon , 20 April 2017 - 11:21 PM
4 replies to this topic

Best Answer Jacob Dixon , 27 April 2017 - 01:38 PM

I checked yesterday and it is magically working now.. argh. Thanks!

Jacob Dixon Members

Jacob Dixon
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:21 PM

I cannot seem to get Citrix Session Recording 7.13 to record. I setup the correctly policies and activated the policy on the server. I've even tried using Director to enable recording on a specific user but it never records.

I don't see any log files to actually troubleshoot this. I don't see any logs to see that the agent is actually reading the policy and I checked the message queues and I don't see any queued up. On the recording agent side the outgoing queue says "Inactive" but I think that is just because it isn't sending anything.

I've setup and used session recording in the past and didn't have this problem. Is 7.13 broken?

Jack Tu Citrix Employees

Jack Tu
  • 57 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:31 AM

Session Recording 7.13 works fine in my environment.

Could you give more information like the bellowing:

1. What about the configuration of the MSMQ, did you remove the AD integration?

2. What's the OS version for the Session Recording agent?

3. If it's MCS or PVS desktop, did you apply the script to update the QMID for each desktop?

4. Any errors in the  Event Viewer?

Suggest you to go through each component's configuration according to Carl's blog http://www.carlstalh...ion-recording/.

Regards

Jack Tu :)

Jacob Dixon Members

Jacob Dixon
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:54 PM

Session Recording 7.13 works fine in my environment.

Could you give more information like the bellowing:

1. What about the configuration of the MSMQ, did you remove the AD integration?

2. What's the OS version for the Session Recording agent?

3. If it's MCS or PVS desktop, did you apply the script to update the QMID for each desktop?

4. Any errors in the  Event Viewer?

Suggest you to go through each component's configuration according to Carl's blog http://www.carlstalh...ion-recording/.

Regards

Jack Tu :)

Hello Jack.

I have installed MSMQ with HTTP support just like in Carl's article. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by removing the AD integration.

The version of the recording SERVER is 2016 and the agent is 2012 R2. I have enabled the agent and I see in the event viewer that it successfully starts with event ID 3001 and the correct configuration.

There is absolutely no errors in event viewer on either side and nothing queued up in MSMQ. The problem is I have no idea how to actually troubleshoot this product do make it do some sort of test.

Jacob Dixon Members

Jacob Dixon
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:57 PM

I actaully take that back. When trying to access: https://SERVER:443/S...ecordPolicy.rem it gives a 500 error message and refreshing generated this message:

System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Requested Service not found

Jacob Dixon Members

Jacob Dixon
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:38 PM

I checked yesterday and it is magically working now.. argh. Thanks!

Best Answer