Acrobat Pro DC screen issues

Started by Christian Hozee , 19 April 2017 - 11:54 AM
3 replies to this topic

Christian Hozee Members

Christian Hozee
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:54 AM

Hi all,

Since we updates Acrobat Pro XI to DC users complain that sometimes the PDF is not displaying correctly. Images got white squares over them. Scrolling up or down corrects the problem or zooming the PDF. This usually happens with PDF files that have large images in it. Enabling protected view also corrects the problem (slows down acrobat and uses more memory resources).

I could not reproduce this problem in VMware console. Anyone experiencing similar issues?

Windows 7 x64

PVS 7.6

XenDesktop 7.8

VDA 7.12

Jack Tu Citrix Employees

Jack Tu
  • 48 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:40 PM

Please try disable image caching policy on the server (it is on by default).

Follow the instructions below to change the settings using local policy (gpedit.msc) or with a GPO.

1.Navigate through the tree to User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > then either Windows Explorer (Windows Vista/7) or File Explorer (Windows 8).
2.In the right-hand pane, double-click “Turn off the caching of thumbnails in hidden thumbs.db files”
3.Select Enabled

Regards

Jack Tu :)

Christian Hozee Members

Christian Hozee
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:44 AM

Hi Jack,

Thank you for your reply. I tested this setting via GPO, but had no effect. To illustrate the problem I want to attached two files. This is not possible?

Funny thing is, I could not use snipping tool to capture the images. As soon as I clicked new in Snipping tool (and the screen goes haze), the text appeared. Also, once the start menu hovered over the PDF, that part would show.

Thanks!

Christian Hozee Members

Christian Hozee
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:19 AM

It seems that disabling Legacy Graphics Mode fixes this issue. I'm not sure what the implications are when we disable Legacy Graphics. To my knowledge is best practice for Windows 7 VDI's?

Maybe someone can shed some light on this?

Many thanks!