Photo

Receiver group policy configuration only computer settings available?

Started by Matt Evans , 19 April 2017 - 01:02 AM
4 replies to this topic

Matt Evans Members

Matt Evans
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:02 AM

So I want to configure receiver per user basis as different users need to have different storefront URL's

I can only see a way to configure the storefront address with Computer Settings GPO

Computer Configuration - Administrative Templates - Citrix Receiver - Storefront

there is no User Configuration - Administrative Templates - Citrix Receiver - Storefront available in group policy editor?? 

Does anyone know if there is a work around? 

Jack Tu Citrix Employees

Jack Tu
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:01 AM

If it's configured by GPO, yes, the GPO to configure the Receiver store only support computer policy ;

But we could also try another method which is configure the Receiver store via registry which can be made to logon script and assign to group of users. Please try the following steps to see if it can work for you.

1. Export the following registry key from a client where store is correctly configured and make it a reg file;

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Citrix\Receiver\SR\Store]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Citrix\Dazzle\Sites]

2. Set the logon script on the GPO and use the command regedit /s *addstore*.reg to deploy the reg file;

3. Assign the GPO to sepcific OU which contain specific user 

Hope it's helpful!

Regards

Jack Tu  :)

Matt Evans Members

Matt Evans
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:16 AM

Thanks yeah just tested this out and it works fine. Would be nice is they included support for user policy though :) 

Simon Frost Citrix Employees

Simon Frost
  • 86 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:12 PM

To confirm: the GPO setting for the Store is per machine only. First time I've seen that request, can you help us by expanding on the use case please?

Matt Evans Members

Matt Evans
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:38 PM

To confirm: the GPO setting for the Store is per machine only. First time I've seen that request, can you help us by expanding on the use case please?

Hi Simon thanks for the reply, the problem I have is all our "Computer Accounts" are in the one OU. We are in the middle of a company merger and I need to configure some users with 2 x Storefront URL's (one from the other company) and some users will just remain with 1 x Storefront URL. So because all the computers are in one OU I cannot provision Storefront URL's to receiver per User.