Welcome to our new Citrix community!

XenDesktop/XenApp servers become randomly unresponsive.

David Desjardins

Question

Hi guys,

We have been using XD7.7 with PVS since October now. Since a couple of months, we are running into unexpected behavior where the server and sessions become unresponsive. The frequency of the issue is about one random server a month (we have a total of 4 servers).  While the issue is occurring the server will not let you logon -- the logon process hangs while loading your profile, we can't logoff any active users, existing sessions become unresponsive. In the director, we start to have users stucked with "Application not running" sessions.

We are able to log in with VSphere console (after couple of minutes), but not via RDP. 

I can't find anything useful in the Event log, no error in systems/apps/citrix beside this one:

"ICA Connection request denied because the current user, domain\username, is not the owner of the Session, domain\username". Where domain\username was the username of an account on our network

Additional info:

VDA Version: 7.7.0.6111

There is no memory/CPU peak, either on VMWare or from data collected with a perfmon.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

5 answers to this question

Hi Carl,

I did that yesterday, as I was out of idea. (We tried several thing, from removing SCEP, to patching every single software apps possible.)

Usually, this is happening once every 2-3 weeks. 

I'll keep you post if that did the trick, I've seen someone having this issue on a different post, but he was in version 7.6.

Server were installed following your guide and best practices (back in October), so while I have the opportunity to speak with you, thanks a lot for that ! It was really helpful ;0)