Photo

Passcode (Password 2) Field missing sometimes

Started by Shawn Coyle , 17 April 2017 - 11:45 PM
5 replies to this topic

Shawn Coyle Members

Shawn Coyle
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 11:45 PM

We have RSA authentication working properly. A custom theme with the 'Password 2' field renamed to 'Passcode'. All our external testing displays this field properly. All connectivity is with the Receiver for HTML5, and rather simplistic policies & profiles.

We have one client that does not see the 'Passcode' field at all when they access our NSG. They are running Windows 7 with IE11, and a very secured OS (I believe USGBC settings).

Any ideas why this might be happening?

(I did find VHDs from the NIST for testing purposes; will be trying to duplicate the issue with a VM.)

Paul Blitz Members

Paul Blitz
  • 3,755 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 04:16 PM

Is that client able to try using Chrome or FF? What about compatibility mode on IE11?

(ie is this browser specific? host specific, or?)

Shawn Coyle Members

Shawn Coyle
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 04:19 PM

Client doesn't have Chrome nor Firefox, and is unable to install them.

Compatibility mode is a good idea. Will see if that's an available option. Thanks.

Initial testing was with a customer's laptop, while they were connected to their VPN, and then to us. They are unable to launch IE unless connected to their VPN. We have an additional test happening today with a workstation on their LAN.

Paul Blitz Members

Paul Blitz
  • 3,755 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:18 AM

You might want to see if they can view the page source, and see if the relevant part of the code is actually being delivered. That way you may discover if it's a browser issue vs a network / delivery / firewall / whatever issue.

Shawn Coyle Members

Shawn Coyle
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:59 PM

It does display properly when tested from their corporate network (no VPN).

Compatibility mode has not been tested, and is unlikely to make a difference (unless for some reason it would be impacted by a VPN connection?)

@Paul, not surprisingly, that feature is disabled.

Paul Blitz Members

Paul Blitz
  • 3,755 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:14 AM

I'm confused: they can access the NG login ok directly, but via a VPN (what VPN are they using?) they are having problems seeing the NG login page properly?

I was going to ask "why a secure link via a secure link", but sounds like you have a very secure setup there!