Need help to remove elements from VPN Home Page

Started by rgunn688 , 13 April 2017 - 03:00 PM
5 replies to this topic

rgunn688 Members

Rowen Gunn
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:00 PM

Hello!

I'd like to change the title of the VPN Home page from "Netscaler Gateway" to our own custom page title, and the other pages too if possible. The GUI lets you change the logon page title but nothing else.

Also, how do I remove the sections show in the screenshot (except title)? I'm somewhat familiar with CSS and managed to remove other elements but I'd like to remove the giant banner, details link, and description fields if possible.

Thank you!

Attached Thumbnails

• Netscaler VPN Login Page.jpg

rgunn688 Members

Rowen Gunn
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:40 PM

Update: I removed all the elements I wanted with the following CSS code.

.largeTiles .storeapp-action-link {
 display:none;
}

.largeTiles .storeapp-category {
}

.slick-slider {
}

.largeTiles .store-view .store-apps-title {
}

HOWEVER I still would like to change the page titles if possible, does anyone know how?

Nicholas Burton Members

Nicholas Burton
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 05:58 PM

Rowen,

You can WinSCP to the appliance and browse to the NetScaler/ns_gui/vpn directory to customize these elements and re-upload. At least that is how it was done in pre-unified gateway days. I would typically copy the VPN directory and use Visual Studio to edit/view on the fly. You can also use Chrome's element browser to check exactly which element is which by simply hovering over it.

-Nick

rgunn688 Members

Rowen Gunn
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 06:13 PM

Unfortunately changes to the HTML files in that folder don't appear to make any difference in 11.1-51.26. I changed the title HTML field on every HTML file and none of my page titles changed from "Netscaler Gateway"

Nicholas Burton Members

Nicholas Burton
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 06:22 PM

Was there a ns_gui/logon folder? That's where it looks like your current path is. I apologize, I haven't had experience in customizing this in 11.1 yet.

Joe Brozzetti Members

Joe Brozzetti
  • 150 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:45 PM

I modify the title page in the en.xml file found here:

/netscaler/ns_gui/vpn/resources

It's the <Title> area.