agee64 and VPN

Started by aangelop , 10 April 2017 - 01:36 PM
1 reply to this topic

aangelop Members

Andrew Angelopoulos
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 01:36 PM

Curious.

we are exploring using the Netscaler to replace our aging VPN appliance (since we already have an NS, its basically free).

What I am confused about is that I checked the plugins for my version and build of NS (11), and I see one for download that is not on the netscaler and not referenced in /netscaler/ns_gui/vpn/pluginlist.xml

agee64 

(ok, and the XML metadata downloads for both agee and agee64).

Are these supposed to be somewhere and if so, where? Having a devil of time finding something that references upgrading the plugin outside of versions and especially something referencing agee64 and the windows metadata files. 

(and the readme in the metadata files are dead links and the article, while maybe useful doesn't seem to exist either http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX122248 )

So, can I put it up there in the vista directory? What about the XML? find / -type f -name agee_meta* returns nothing on the NS. (and I checked one in both prod and non prod instances installed at different times)

As always thoughts appreciated. 

Thanks

Edited by Andrew Angelopoulos, 10 April 2017 - 01:37 PM.

Paul Blitz Members

Paul Blitz
  • 3,755 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 09:52 AM

I just took a look, and I believe that the file on the Netscaler is the 32/64 bit installer - go to the citrix download page, and look at the filenames of the clients: the 32 bit is "agee.msi", the 64 bit one is "agee64.msi" the 32/64 bit one is "AGEE_setup.exe", which is the filename referenced on the netscaler's xml file.

I notice that the downloadable 64 bit plugin is for vista / win 7 only, the 32 bit one is vista / win 7 / win 8.

Remember that there are several ways to install the VPN plugin, downloading from Netscaler at login is one way, you can also use  software distribution tools to install it (and that's where those files on the citrix website are useful)