Command Center - wrong time zone

Started by Aliaksei Hunosau , 10 April 2017 - 08:48 AM
21 replies to this topic

Aliaksei Hunosau Members

Aliaksei Hunosau
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 08:48 AM

Hello to all!

I updated the Command Center to the last version 5.2.47.3.

I can't find where I can to change the timezone at Command Center.

Please, help me with it.

ITnetscale Members

Chizube Anazodo
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:47 AM

We have Command Center version 5.2 45.4 running on a Windows VM. I looked at the web portal and I don't see a means to change the time zone independently. My assumption is that it was configured during installation. The Windows team manages the VM and handled the installation so I can't really help, sorry.

Aliaksei Hunosau Members

Aliaksei Hunosau
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 05:58 AM

Hello. Thanks for your answer.

But it is strange! It is normal feature to change the timezone. If this feature doesn't exist it is bad.

So. May be somebody knows about it?

Shalu Verma Citrix Employees

Shalu Verma
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:44 PM

Hi Aliaksei , 

Could you please confirm your command center is on Windows or Linux Platform?

Aliaksei Hunosau Members

Aliaksei Hunosau
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:06 PM

Hi.

My CC is on Windows Platform.

Aliaksei Hunosau Members

Aliaksei Hunosau
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 12:54 PM

So. I wait for help :)

Rhonda Rowland Members

Rhonda Rowland
  • 79 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 03:02 PM

So, when Command Center is running on Windows, it inherits its timezone from the Windows OS it is running on. (Probably same for linux).

If you need to change the time zone for Command Center reporting (which is probably just an applied offset to raw UTC recorded times anyway), then change the operating system and then restart the Citrix Command Center service.

You will then see the new timezone reflected in the top of the Command Center timezone (though I have noticed this one does not included EDT or PDT for daylight saving time and just lists the raw timezone EST/PST for US pacific and US eastern, as an example).  If you go to the "Administration" tab, then navigate to Diagnostics > View Logs, you can see the local command center logs logged with the timezone and proper offset that your Windows system was applied with.  (So, this timestamp reflects the PDT or EDT daylight saving time in the offset and the times were corrected if I changed the windows timezone.)

If you are having issues with the syslog's you are collecting from the monitored NetScalers reporting the correct timezone, the you specify that in the Syslog policy you define and set whether the syslog should be reported in UTC or the local time of the NetScaler.

Aliaksei Hunosau Members

Aliaksei Hunosau
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 01:03 PM

I don't understand what you mean in "then change the operating system".

The CC doesn't inherit the timezone of OS. In OS we have UTC + 03.00.

CC has BRT timezone.

It is the problem.

Rhonda Rowland Members

Rhonda Rowland
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 01:37 PM

I don't understand what you mean in "then change the operating system".

The CC doesn't inherit the timezone of OS. In OS we have UTC + 03.00.

CC has BRT timezone.

It is the problem.

I did a leave a word out: I meant "change the operating system time zone".

I just did a test again.  

So, back to basics, is your Command Center installed and running on a Windows system, Linux system, or do you have a Command Center appliance? (Note: this is where it is installed, and not where you connect from.)

I have Command Center installed on a Windows system, which it seemed like you indicated you had as well.

I changed the timezone of the Windows computer where command center was installed to UTC-3/BRT (Brasilia time).  (Right-click the Date/Time in the Notification Area and adjust timezone and/or clock as needed.)

I then restarted the Command Center service.

Connecting to the command center GUI at http://ccserver:8443 displays the adjusted timezone in the title bar and it shows the proper BRT timezone.

If I view the local logs on the Command Center, the logs contain the appropriate time zone in the log view as well.  This reflects the time zone of the Command Center system, not the system I'm running the browser from.

Does this help?

If you are on linux or a Command Center appliance, slightly different steps would apply.

Aliaksei Hunosau Members

Aliaksei Hunosau
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 01:55 PM

My CC is installed and running on Windows Server 2012 R2.

I changed the timezone in OS, restarted the CC service.

And the timezone in CC didn't change :(

Rhonda Rowland Members

Rhonda Rowland
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 05:49 PM

Hm.  Okay, my config as a demo was using the latest version of CmdCenter which seems to be the version you are running (5.2 45.4), but I'm also using the eval edition with the local PostGRESQL database instead of an external database.  It might be dependent on the database server timezone; but at that point you might want to see if you can test with a separate CmdCenter install for demo purposes or check with support.  Sorry, this wasn't more help.

When you check your timezone, are you looking at the title bar, the cmd center's own logs, or the syslogs returned from the managed NetScalers?

Aliaksei Hunosau Members

Aliaksei Hunosau
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:01 AM

I have the SQL DB server with the same TZ as the server with CC running service :(

No, I don't check the time in the center's logs.

Kai Thorsrud Members

Kai Thorsrud
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:53 PM

Im not quite sure i understand your problem but might it be the device logging to command center / netscaler is not configured with correct timezone ?

Aliaksei Hunosau Members

Aliaksei Hunosau
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:20 AM

My problem is incorrect timezone in webinterface in CC:

Rhonda Rowland Members

Rhonda Rowland
  • 79 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:31 PM

My problem is incorrect timezone in webinterface in CC:

It's reporting BRT which should be Brasilia timezone, isn't that what you wanted?

If you need the clock adjusted, change the local time and timezone on the Command Center server.

If you are expecting a summer time indicator; I've noticed that Command Center lists: Eastern Standard Time as EST whether it is standard time or daylight saving time.  But it is still inheriting timezone and clock offset from the local system where Command Center is installed; which means it was reflecting the correct time for summer time; but just the one standard timezone value.  Adjusting the local systems clock/timezone and restarting the Command Center service should reflect the correct daylight saving/summer time hour even if the Timezone in Command Center has just the standard abbreviation.

Aliaksei Hunosau Members

Aliaksei Hunosau
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:45 PM

It's reporting BRT which should be Brasilia timezone, isn't that what you wanted?

No!

I already said that I want to UTC + 03.00 timezone. The server with CC has UTC + 03.00 timezone, but CC in webinterface shows BRT.

If you need the clock adjusted, change the local time and timezone on the Command Center server.

I already said that I did it but without results.

Aliaksei Hunosau Members

Aliaksei Hunosau
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 11:09 AM

So?

Paul Blitz Members

Paul Blitz
  • 3,767 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:14 PM

Silly question time:

Where in the world are you? Which timezone is that deemed to be? What is the OS set to?

(I'm confused because BRT is actually UTC-3, but above it says both UTC+3 and UTC-3 in various places....)

Aliaksei Hunosau Members

Aliaksei Hunosau
  • 16 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:34 AM

I am at Belarus.

UTC+3 is my zone.

OS is set to UTC+3.

Paul Blitz Members

Paul Blitz
  • 3,767 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:20 AM

Ah, right, so seeing BRT (= UTC-3) on command centre is definitely wrong! Makes sense now.

I would suggest reporting this to Citrix. However, it may not get fixed, as the product isn't being actively developed any more.