Welcome to our new Citrix community!

PVS configuration asking for valid SQL ID

Keith Caines1709157505

Question

Good Evening,

I am reinstalling PVS server and I'm encountering an issue at the beginning of the setup stating:

"The login failed for the SQL server. Enter a valid ID and password to use for performing the action on the SQL server"

This is odd since I have not defined a sql server yet.

I've attached a screenshot of the error.

Probably a simple fix but I cannot figure out how to get past this.

Thanks

3 answers to this question

I know this is very old thread and you might have figured it already.

Anyway, the user that runs the configuration wizard for the first time, must be assigned dbcreator and securityadmin roles on the database.

If you are running the provisioning services configuration wizard to re-configure something, probably it is best to run it from the account that was used for the first time.

• Like 1

Did you implement the database fail-over?

if yes. I believe it's caused by SQL fail-over configuration missing in the PVS site; please try do a manual fail-over of the database server to restore the site. Then ran the configuration wizard to add the fail-over server details for mirroring.

Regards

Jack Tu

On 11/30/2020 at 1:27 PM, Nishith Gupta said:

I know this is very old thread and you might have figured it already.

Anyway, the user that runs the configuration wizard for the first time, must be assigned dbcreator and securityadmin roles on the database.

If you are running the provisioning services configuration wizard to re-configure something, probably it is best to run it from the account that was used for the first time.

Thank you for this answer. I created the database way back under domain admin user and now upgraded Provisioning Services using a specific SA account. I couldn't find any fix about this error message. "The login failed for the SQL server. Enter a valid ID and password to use for performing the action on the SQL server" broke my head as I tried every possible combination. 

Adding the SA account in the database as dbowner didn't help. Logging in as domain admin (dbcreator) worked like a charm.

Hope this info is useful for someone.