Jump to content


Photo

Displaying Frame-In-Frame for OWA Access in Portal Mode

Started by Jens Ostkamp , 28 March 2017 - 11:28 AM
3 replies to this topic

Jens Ostkamp Members

Jens Ostkamp
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 11:28 AM

Hey everyone,

 

I recently encountered the issue, that after setting up Microsoft Exchange Publishing 2016 with NetScaler 11.1 configuring Unified Gateway, entering the "URL for Web Based E-Mail" is not working properly. As soon as I click on the E-Mail Tab in the portal, the side doesn't load properly, staying white. When i click around ,trying to change view etc it somehow loads in a weird transparent display, unable to click anything in it. When i configure the same with a Bookmark (loading in a new tab) everything works fine. With Exchange 2013 everything worked fine with the portal mode / frame-in-frame. 

I tried to get rid of the X-Frame-Options Header as I saw in Fiddler that requests with X-Frame-Options Header set to "SAMEORIGIN" caused connection drops. This didn't solve the issue but somehow i have a feeling, that Exchange simply doesn't allow me to display OWA with frame-in-frame. Could anyone configure Exchange 2016 with Web-Mail Portal Mode (Unified Gateway) properly to get it working? Maybe Exchange 2016 via Unified Gateway (with this specific setting) is not supported yet?

 

Appreciate all your help :)

 

Greetings



Joe Brozzetti Members

Joe Brozzetti
  • 165 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 06:39 PM

I had a similar issue in my DEV lab.  I found that different portal themes worked for me and others did not with the preconfigured link.  My bookmark always worked.  I didn't spend much time troubleshooting once a different theme worked for me, not sure if that helps you but may be worth a shot.



Jens Ostkamp Members

Jens Ostkamp
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:41 PM

Hey Joe,

 

thank you for this hint. I will try and update here



Jens Ostkamp Members

Jens Ostkamp
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 09:48 AM

Little Update: changing of Portal Themese didn't do something, still same issue as described.