Photo

Where can I see what client drives (\\Client\*) are available within the users ICA session?

Started by Sascha Goeckel , 17 March 2017 - 04:28 PM
4 replies to this topic

Sascha Goeckel Members

Sascha Goeckel
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 04:28 PM

Hi guys,

I have a question regarding the Citrix Drive Mapping feature.

Is there a way to get the available client drives (shown under \\Client\*) which are available from my endpoint within the users’ session? I like to use a script to find out what client drives are available to be mapped into the users’ session, but like to do the mapping case-by-case with my script!

Are the information available somewhere in the users’ registry, from a PowerShell Citrix applet or any API?

Anyone has some ideas / feedback / guidance for me please? Much appreciate any feedback!

Thanks,

Sascha

Aaron Silber Members

Aaron Silber
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 04:34 PM

You should be able to just do a simple NET USE from a command prompt and get back the list of connected drives.

Sascha Goeckel Members

Sascha Goeckel
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 05:55 PM

Thank you Aaron for your feedback so far.  :)

This is OK if I like to see the already connected client drives but AutoConnect Client Drives is not enabled. I like to map the drives in case-by-case situation with the NET USE command from within my script.

Therefore I need to know where I can see how many client drives are available through the Citrix ICA protocol within the users session. Some clients presenting only 1 drive and other clients maybe 4 drives. So I'm looking for a way to find out how many drives are available!?

Thanks,

Sascha

Andreas Schulz Members

Andreas Schulz
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:58 AM

You can query the available client drives with the following command:

Get-WmiObject -ComputerName "your client name" -Class "win32_logicaldisk"

Use the DriveType property to distinguish between local disks, network drives and so on. Be aware of the limitations of this solution, for example:

1) works only for Windows Clients

2) may not work for external Clients

Regards,

Andreas

Sascha Goeckel Members

Sascha Goeckel
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:53 AM

Hi Andreas,

Thank you for your response! As said by you, the solution has its limitations which does not allow me to go for this.

Best regards,

Sascha