Photo

Published Desktop won't go to full-screen mode on dual screens

Started by Cindy Vickers , 16 March 2017 - 11:15 PM

Cindy Vickers Members

Cindy Vickers
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:15 PM

Hello,

We have an intermittent issue in our new XenApp 7.7 environment.  We use Dell Wyse thin clients running Windows 7 Standard Embedded 32-bit and Citrix Receiver 4.4.1000.16.  Our users logon to hosted shared desktops running Windows Server 2008 R2.

When moving from a thin client with one monitor to a thin client with dual monitors the session doesn't maximize across the two screens every time and instead the session seems to be in Windowed mode instead of full-screen mode with scroll bars seen down the bottom and right hand side.  The mouse click is also out of alignment and when clicking the actual click is processed in a different position in the session.

As a workaround users are able to use a Shift and F2 and the screen maximizes across the two screens and they can work around but this is not ideal.

This is not a thin client issue as I replicated the issue on two desktops connecting to  our Storefront.

I have tried the following so far:

Tested with Citrix Receiver 4.5 - same issue

Increased the Display memory limit from default 65536KB to 98304KB - no change

Found this article which describes our problem:

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX138197

'If users start a desktop session in full-screen mode and the Desktop Viewer is disabled, scroll bars might appear when plugging in the second monitor'

Added reg key as per document on thin clients but no change:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Citrix\ICA Client

Name: ProcessWM_SETTINGCHANGE

Type: DWORD

Value: 1

Suggestion in article says if above doesn't work then also add this reg key but I didn't know what value to set so haven't tried this yet:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Citrix\ICA Client

Name: MonitorLayoutUpdateDelay

Type: DWORD

Value: 0 to 4 (default value is zero)

Any suggestions?

Attached Thumbnails

• Dual screen scroll bars.png