Photo

App-V publishing problem

Started by John Long , 15 March 2017 - 10:39 PM

John Long Members

John Long
  • 163 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:39 PM

I'm using XenApp/XenDesktop 7.13. I am publishing an App-V package to a server 2012 r2 delivery group. The program I sequenced resides on a server and is accessed through a mapped drive. Part of the program also resides on the local computer. The parts of the program the reside on the C drive work. I can open it after I publish it.

The part of the program, and the main part, that resides on the mapped drive will not launch. I get an error message that says Cannot start "Program Name". In the event viewer I see an error "The access to the client was denied. The caller didn't have required permission for this operation." the Source is Client the Event ID is 10 and the Task Category is API request.

If I press Ctrl + F3 and open the task manager then open the run dialog and click browse I do not see any mapped drives. However if I run Explorer I do see mapped drives.

Honestly this is my first try with publishing App-V apps. I don't have an App-V server, I'm simply adding packages in Citrix studio.

I added group policy entries for set-executionpolicy remotesigned and Set-AppvClientConfiguration -EnablePackageScripts. I have also verified that the GPO has applied and is in effect.

I've downloaded all the latest patches for App-V 5.1 and I've also blown away my test environment and rebuilt it with the same results.

I haven't been able to find much info about mapping drives in a App-V environment and I also don't see much about the error being logged.

I appreciate any help on this. Is this something Citrix support would help with?

Thanks,

John