Photo

Possible to Operate over a Single Port?

Started by zuge pozoha , 16 February 2017 - 07:09 PM
4 replies to this topic

zuge pozoha Members

zuge pozoha
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 07:09 PM

Is it possible to use this product over a single port number?

I have created a XenApp for notepad.exe, and connected to it via the Citrix Web Receiver. When I run "netstat" in the command line I see that (as I expected) two ports have been opened: one for port 80 and one for port 2598.

I would like to be able to connect and run this product all through just a single port, is this possible? If so, what do I need to do?

Thanks!

Carl Stalhood CTP Member

Carl Stalhood
  • 11,395 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 07:36 PM

If you put a NetScaler Gateway in front of it, then everything is over 443.

Helpful Answer

zuge pozoha Members

zuge pozoha
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 09:06 PM

OK, I'm resurrecting this post because I can't figure out how to do this.

I've managed to get notepad.exe set up, and accessible via StoreFront.
I've downloaded and installed NetScaler Gateway.

However, I cannot figure out how to get the two to play together. When I attempt to use the "Integrate with Citrix Products" wizard, I get "The following licenses are not available: SSL VPN. Install the licenses and restart the appliance." However, I've already installed a trial license.

I hope it does not require a full license; I'm not about to commit $2,400 to an incomplete proof of concept.

Searching the net has yielded outdated instructions and irrelevant documentation. I can't find a clear tutorial/guide.

Please, help me find some clear instructions on how to set up XenApp/XenDesktop over a NetScaler Gateway.

Carl Stalhood CTP Member

Carl Stalhood
  • 11,395 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 09:28 PM

I have instructions at http://www.carlstalh...netscaler-11-1/

At a minimum, you'll need LDAP Auth, Session Policies, and Gateway vServer. System Config, and SSL vServer articles should also be reviewed.

A Citrix Partner can also help you.

Silvio Balduzzi Members

Silvio Balduzzi
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 11:07 AM

Hi Zuge,

You can disable the 2598 usage with disabling the Session Reliability function via Citrix Policy.