XenApp 7.9 - Please wait for the Local Session Manager

Started by Joey Martinez , 03 February 2017 - 08:06 PM
4 replies to this topic

Joey Martinez Members

Joey Martinez
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 08:06 PM

Hello Everyone,

We've recently been deploying XenApp to all our users.  I have ran across a strange issue that I can't seem to solve.  I have one user that can't start a session in XenApp.  Whenever you click to launch the application it hangs at "Please wait for the Local Session Manager" for 1 - 2 mins and then just closes.  This only happens to this one user out of about 150 users.  It's user related because this happens on every PC they are logged into.  I can't find any error messages as to what it could be.  There's nothing logged on the servers or the PCs.  I can see that the login fails on Director Dashboard with the failed reason of "other".

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joey 

Yunus Khan Citrix Employees

Yunus Khan
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 02:46 PM

What is the profile solution you are using?Citrix profile,roaming profile etc?

Joey Martinez Members

Joey Martinez
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 04:37 PM

We're using roaming profiles.  Just as an update to this as well.  We've worked with Citrix support on this for about 8 hours and still unable to find the issue with the single user.  To fix it, we just deleted the user account and recreated it. A lot of work for one user, but worth it to get rid of the problem.

Dennis Parker Members

Dennis Parker
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 10:46 PM

I had this, or something similar at least, happen at a previous company. What I discovered there was the help desk had deleted their Citrix Roaming Profile trying to fix a problem with the application. The application only ran on a single server. When the user would attempt to login to the server it would attempt to create a TEMP profile folder and fail. 

Eventually, I had to parse through the registry, searching for the user AD SID, and delete anything profile related. Once I got all that taken care of, the user was able to log in and get a new profile created and use the application again. 

This happened several times while I was there.

Ray Davis Members

Ray Davis
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 12:47 PM

Try this... From Carl Stalhood.
CTX212439 Desktop Session Stuck in Pre-Logon State with Message “Please wait for the Local Session Manager”:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\Kerberos\Parameters\MaxTokenSize (DWORD) = 48000
Delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\RCM\GracePeriod\L$