Photo

DVSC Network control channel disconnected

Started by Kristoffer Birkenes , 11 January 2017 - 10:47 AM
3 replies to this topic

Best Answer Kristoffer Birkenes , 12 January 2017 - 09:42 AM

I'm haven't installed DVSC for XenServer 7 yet, but to me it sounds odd that the DVSC version isn't following the XenServer version. Did you download that from mycitrix ? If there is a newer version that would explain the issues. You don't need DVSC to implement VLANS, DVSC is going to be more for ACL's and bandwidth management/monitoring.

--Alan--

I actually figured it out. The DVSC was on a different VLAN than the hosts; and traffic was only opened one direction.

Once that was sorted, then everything lit up.

And for blocking internal vlan traffic I had to set up an ACL for the VLANs blocking communication with themselves. Worked fine!

Still not sure why the versioning is off though, it's only available from mycitrix, and this is the version I got!

Kristoffer Birkenes Members

Kristoffer Birkenes
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:47 AM

I'm completely green on the ins and outs of the DVSC; but it looks to be fairly straight forward.

I've set up the appliance, and connected to the resource pool. Everything comes up fine.

BUT; all of our VLANs and VMs come up with "Network control channel disconnected" and an orange indicator.

I have no idea what that means. I've set up all of the hosts to use the vswitch, and I see this reflected in the config on the hypervisor, but no traffic is logged and ACLs don't seem to apply.

Second question, which is a bit redundant probably is if the DVSC version is correct. Is build 6.1.0 37734 the correct one for XS7.0? I'm guessing the versioning doesn't follow the XS versioning.

THIRD question is: One of our main goals is to isolate vm traffic within VLANS (XD VDIs which are not to communicate with each other). Is this doable?

Any and all help appreciated!

Alan Lantz Members

Alan Lantz
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:20 PM

I'm haven't installed DVSC for XenServer 7 yet, but to me it sounds odd that the DVSC version isn't following the XenServer version. Did you download that from mycitrix ? If there is a newer version that would explain the issues. You don't need DVSC to implement VLANS, DVSC is going to be more for ACL's and bandwidth management/monitoring.

--Alan--

Kristoffer Birkenes Members

Kristoffer Birkenes
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:42 AM

--Alan--

I actually figured it out. The DVSC was on a different VLAN than the hosts; and traffic was only opened one direction.

Once that was sorted, then everything lit up.

And for blocking internal vlan traffic I had to set up an ACL for the VLANs blocking communication with themselves. Worked fine!

Still not sure why the versioning is off though, it's only available from mycitrix, and this is the version I got!

Best Answer

Alan Lantz Members

Alan Lantz
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:31 PM

Glad you figured it out. Very odd that Citrix doesn't have the version of DVSC in sync with the XenServer release. I don't like inconsistencies like that.

--Alan--