Started by Herwin Duinkerken , 05 January 2017 - 12:58 PM
4 replies to this topic

Herwin Duinkerken Members

Herwin Duinkerken
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 12:58 PM

Hello,

We are running PVS 7.11 and SCVMM 2016 (console version 4.0.1662.0) SCCM 1610

On all PVS servers the SCVMM console is installed.

I'm trying to set up automatic vdisk updates, and when running the Add vdsik wizard, I get the error:

The hypervisor did not return the MAC address for this VM: No SCVMM Console was detected.

If I start the streamed VM Setup  wizard and use the same server and credentials to connect to the SCVMM environment, I can after connecting select the Cluster or Host. So this is working.

Please help me solve this case.

Best Regards,

Herwin

Attached Thumbnails

• No_SCVMM.PNG

Paul Stansel CTP Member

Paul Stansel
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 02:49 PM

My best advice... don't use it.  Script your own instead.

Herwin Duinkerken
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 03:00 PM

@Paul,

I'm Searching for a way to automate my Windows updates in my vdisks, I need to create 30+ vdisks each month. 

Can you guide me in the right direction to script this?

Do you have some examples? 

Tommy Møller Members

Tommy Møller
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:37 AM

Hi Herwin

I almost had same error as you telling me no MAC address was returned. My problem was I connected to my host through an IP. The test was successful from the GUI, but still got the error when adding a managed disk. I added https://<vCenter address> in the host config in PVS instead of just the IP. After I did that it worked for me. :)

Regards Tommy

Herwin Duinkerken
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:17 PM

Hi Tommy,

For me it just disappered.. I believe it was just System center virtual machine manager 2016.

Now i got other issues, because the auto updater VM won't start..

But others (read Paul) told me to find another way to update my installations. But I need to create 30+ vdisks a month. So to automate this would come in very handy. 

So if people have good suggestions, throw them! i will try to see if that fits my situation.