Server 2016 published application black screen at logon

Started by Sandro Goronjic , 16 November 2016 - 01:38 PM
38 replies to this topic

Sandro Goronjic Members

Sandro Goronjic
  • 82 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 01:38 PM

Hi guys,

wanted to ask you if anyone is having the same issue with server 2016 published application.

I've setup a test server 2016 standard and wanted to publish some application.

VDA 7.11 ServerOS is installed, DDC's are on 7.8.

Now when launching a published application instead of the loading bar from citrix receiver (where the logon-steps are displayed) a black screen appears for the duration of the logon, after logon-step the black screen dissapears and then the published app starts up correctly.

I've searched for the issue and found the article CTX135782.

When I add this key to disable the status then I can see the windows logon in full screen and after the logon the published app appears. But this isn't what we want for published applications, isn't it? I've attached a image how it should look like.

For published Desktops this is fine but for apps only the citrix receiver logon-bar should appear.

We do not have this issue with server 2008r2.

Anyone out here who can confirm this issue or have a workaround/solution for this?

Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails

• logonscreen_receiver.jpg

Serg Members

Sergii Loshmanov
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 03:19 AM

http://discussions.citrix.com/topic/381931-server-2016-logon-screen/

Bernd Klaus Members

Bernd Klaus
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 12:48 PM

Got a similar issue on 2012R2, solution was the following:

in user context:

REG DELETE HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UFH\SHC /f

https://berndklaus.at/2012r2-and-citrix-upm-slow-logons-blackscreen/

Sandro Goronjic Members

Sandro Goronjic
  • 82 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 05:42 AM

Sadly this solution does not solves the problem. I've tried several times but no change. I've also tried to stop the Citrix Profile Management Service but the issue still exists.

Strange thing is that it just happens with published apps and not published desktops.

Jef Bogaerts Members

Jef Bogaerts
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 11:51 AM

Same problem here. VDA 7.11 ServerOS on Server 2016

Pierre Boisvert Members

Pierre Boisvert
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 12:21 PM

Samething here, added the regkey disablestatus, logon faster and no more black screen, but now we have the logon process in fullscreen.

Alex Hartlaub Members

Alex Hartlaub
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 02:26 PM

Same problem here. VDA 7.11 ServerOS on Server 2016

Same issue here.  VDA 7.11 on 2016.

I just tried some other suggestions (won't know until image goes out) and completely uninstalled VDA and reinstalled 7.11 to see if that'll make a difference.

Sandro Goronjic Members

Sandro Goronjic
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 05:57 AM

Still no solution?

Steve Schils Members

Steve Schils
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 04:09 PM

No news yet ?.. dissappointing

Daniel Sjögren Members

Daniel Sjögren
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 07:12 AM

Any news?

Harish A Citrix Employees

Harish A
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:54 PM

Please make registry changes as mentioned below & let me know if it resolves the issue

-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\AppInit_DLLs
           Value  : mfaphook64.dll
-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Wow6432Node \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ Windows\AppInit_DLL

-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Citrix\Logon
           Name: DisableStatus 
          Type: REG_DWORD
          Value: 00000001
Please create this key & set the DWORD value if it doesn't exists

Disclaimer
Caution! Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that might require you to reinstall your operating system. Citrix cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk. Be sure to back up the registry before you edit it.

Harish A Citrix Employees

Harish A
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 06:13 PM

Please make registry changes as mentioned below & let me know if it resolves the issue

-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\AppInit_DLLs
-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Wow6432Node \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ Windows\AppInit_DLL

Disclaimer
Caution! Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that might require you to reinstall your operating system. Citrix cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk. Be sure to back up the registry before you edit it.

Alexander Hoßdorf Members

Alexander Hoßdorf
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 06:28 PM

The mentioned registry keys do not help. Other suggestions?

In Addition to the issue a black sceen is randomly showing up every few hours (with a prelaunch session or an open app)?!

Anyone with the same additional issue?

Disclaimer

rz@bezirk-schwaben.de Members

Elke Endörfer
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 06:50 AM

The mentioned registry keys do not help. Other suggestions?

In Addition to the issue a black sceen is randomly showing up every few hours (with a prelaunch session or an open app)?!

Anyone with the same additional issue?

Yes, same issue here with prelaunch sessions. Like you said random black screens...

Registry keys do not help :(

Henrik Gard Members

Henrik Gard
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 03:50 PM

I got this problem too on a Windows Server 2016 with Xenapp 7.11.

I have not solved it with any of the above suggestions... :(

Any one got a case on this? I will probably open one tomorrow.

Sandro Goronjic Members

Sandro Goronjic
  • 82 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 03:37 PM

Hi Harish,

tried your solution but still the same issue. It feels the logon is faster but still the black screen appears.

Disclaimer

Henrik Gard Members

Henrik Gard
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:32 PM

I have a on going case with Citrix now. I will report back when I got the solution. We have tried a lot of articles but no avail yet.

\Henrik

Henrik Gard Members

Henrik Gard
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 07:18 AM

The case is now escalated to the people at Citrix that works with CDF. The story goes on...

Markus Ruedele Members

Markus Ruedele
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 01:56 PM

Same Problem here with VDA 7.12 and Windows Server 2016 new Installation. Tested with Receiver 4.5 and 4.6.

Henrik Gard Members

Henrik Gard
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 03:40 PM

I just got of the phone with Citrix support and they have confirmed that this is a Microsoft Windows Server 2016 issue(bug) and they recommend me to engage Microsoft to solve this issue.

The story got even longer... :(