Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Redirecting USB foot pedal not working. [XenApp 6.5]

SWC Admin

Question

Hello gang, I'm trying desperately to get an Infinity "foot pedal" redirected in our Citrix XenApp 6.5 Shared Hosted environment. We are using Receiver version 4.4.1000.

I have narrowed down the VID and PID of the device and have been trying registry keys shown in the various articles I've been able to find.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find anything for my version of XenApp. There are only articles for XenDesktop and XenApp 7ish.

Here is a summary of the group policy which I've applied to the server and client desktop... also the USB information.http://imgur.com/a/eiKUu

Here is a summary of the registry edits I've made.

Registry Edits: (32bit - on VDA / Farm server) HKLM\Software\Citrix\ICA Cient\GenericUSB\Devices\VID05F3 PID00FF\ Autoredirect 1

(64bit - on VDA / Farm server) HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Citrix\ICA Cient\GenericUSB\Devices\VID05F3 PID00FF\ Autoredirect 1

Also made them on the client machine.. (32bit) HKLM\Software\Citrix\ICA Cient\GenericUSB\Devices\VID05F3 PID00FF\ Autoredirect 1

(64bit) HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Citrix\ICA Cient\GenericUSB\Devices\VID05F3 PID00FF\ Autoredirect 1

Under Device rules on the host HKLM\software\wow6432node\Citrix\ica client\genericusb Under device rules Multi String Value I added the line ALLOW: vid=05f3 pid=00ff

Under Device rules on the host (x32) HKLM\software\Citrix\ica client\genericusb Under device rules Multi String Value I added the line

If anyone could point me in the any sort of direction to troubleshoot, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

post-12605121-0-74647900-1476124897_thumb.png

post-12605121-0-75643300-1476124903_thumb.png

1 answer to this question

Have a look at https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX234916

On a Windows Client there is a registry key (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Citrix\ICA Client\GenericUSB\DeviceRules) which denys some HDI Classes.

DeviceRules registry setting take precedent over Citrix policies in Studio, AD and Receiver.admx policies on the client computer.

After hours of searching and one hour remote session with citrix support i got pointed there.