Photo

Xenapp 7.9 - TWAIn redirection x64 Bit Not Working

Started by Ian Wilson , 06 October 2016 - 10:19 AM
9 replies to this topic

Ian Wilson Members

Ian Wilson
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 10:19 AM

Setting up a small Citrix Solution (xenapp 7.9, Server 2012r2) and have an issue with scaccnign redirection.

Trying to get an Access 2013 64 bit  Application published with which to redirect document scanning on a Fujitsu Fi6670.

Have loaded 64 bit twain drivers from Fujitsu and tested with "twack_64" as per CTX136395. When I use twack 64 to select scanner nothing appears.

Is 64 scanning application/drivers possible?

Ryan Goldstein Members

Ryan Goldstein
  • 298 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 12:29 PM

We had problems with the fuji's recently.  Try using the non papperstream drivers.  Find the traditional fujitsu driver, unistall the papeprstream and install the non papperstream driver.

I had to dig around the fuji website for a while before i found it.

Ian Wilson Members

Ian Wilson
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 12:59 PM

Thanks for that. Does this mean (to your knowledge) that full 64 bit scanning is supported as I have seen mixed messages regarding this on other sites?

Ryan Goldstein Members

Ryan Goldstein
  • 298 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 01:03 PM

No clue sorry, i just did 2 deployments and had endless problems with papperstream drivers.  Found the old ones and everything started working.

It may not be the answer in your case.

Ian Wilson Members

Ian Wilson
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 08:16 AM

Thanks Ryan.

Anyone else know the answer to the 64 bit question?

Mike Gray Members

Mike Gray
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 11:50 PM

Have you tried twacker_32? We are currently experiencing issues scanning into 64 bit apps, but twacker_32 works just fine.

Twacker_64 says scanner not found.

I am wondering if that's somehow related to our issue...

Ian Wilson Members

Ian Wilson
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 11:28 AM

Hi Mike.

Yes we tried twacker_32 upfront and have this working (as we do ther 32 bit scanning apps). The issue is the 64 Bit scanning app (bespoke) we need to use includes extra functionality as it plugs directly into a sql table/DMS system that automatically names scan docs and links them to their respective case in the DMS.

We have paid for Citrix to look at the issue and so far they have failed to crack it over the space of this week. They seem to be edging towards stating that the Scanner/Driver combination we use is incompatible.

I think we will be looking to another VDI solution when this next needs doing :-(

Mike Gray Members

Mike Gray
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 03:54 PM

Ian, 

Thanks for the reply. We have a developer for our application working on the issue, I will let you know if he finds anything.

The TWAIN 1.2 vs 2.0 DLL trick doesnt work in this case for us either - See here - http://discussions.citrix.com/topic/329678-twain-17-redirection-works-twain-20-does-not/

It also appears that TWAIN 2.0 is now supported as of Xenapp 7.11 - this may also help resolve the issue.

• TWAIN 2.0 support. Users can now access image processing applications which use the TWAIN 2.0 scanning protocol in XenApp and XenDesktop. Citrix Receiver 4.5 or higher is required. For more information on configuring TWAIN device redirection, see TWAIN devices policy settings.

I may attempt a upgrade in the coming weeks to see if the issue resolves with that..

Ian Wilson Members

Ian Wilson
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 03:40 PM

Update.

Citrix and our paid for support failed to be able to get this working despite coming hacking away at our server for over a week.

We have ended up using a freebie 32 bit application for now.

Not very impressed.

Looks like the only way we could have avoided this was to go for a scanner of the Citrix Supported list. VMWARE view next time.

Dmitry Khamitsevich Members

Dmitry Khamitsevich
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:05 PM

You may try a Generic USB Redirection for you deployment. It may be a not good idea for big XenApp deployment. It work fine for my VDI deployment, but may increase bandwith req. I am afraid wmware view not resolve this problem for application delivery, only as VDI solution. Try to replace citrix support engener, it may be help better ;)